Dash Clock

hi everyone, just bought my first S13 a month ago and i having some problems with the dash clock.

Heres the story:
I was working around the cars audio head unit because the unit seem to be faulty, it would reset everytime the car turns off. so after i turn the car back on i would have to eject the cd that is in the deck and re-insert the cd back in. Prior to taking the head unit out the dash clock was working btw.
After giving up on trying to solve why the head unit resets everytime i put the deck back in.

The PROBLEM:

1. after putting the deck back in my windshield wippers turn on at start up. they would turn on for a short period of time then go back to the off position.

2. the dash clock does not keep the time.

Possibilties:

1. memory storing device is gone? (if there is such ram in the car for the dash)
  2. a short to ground making the memory reset everytime?
  3. wiring in the audio deck to dash problems?
  4. wiring to wrong place?

has anyone had this problem?

Regards
David

yellow wire, 12V constant IIRC

hey thanks for the response. what is IIRC? sorry im a noob at acronims. also 12V from the wiring harness? maybe a wiring diagram lol if possible? lol

you’ve got a blown fuse (interior lights fuse ). Check the fuse box, I think it’s the 2nd fuse from the top (10amp). I had the same problem. I bet your reverse light does not work either.

i have not check it out yet. im working in alberta right now but when i get home this weekend i will check it out. also, my hicas light is on? what does that mean? sorry its kinda off topic thooo.,…

ok came back and check it out. reverse light is good. but dash clock is still gone. did not check the wiring harness yet but the fuse was blown and i replaeced it. but still nothing… hmmmmmmmmmmm but im kew so far.

But my main problem now is i dont know if my hicas is working or not. is there a way of testing the hicas? or do i have to drive the car hard in turns to see if it works?

regards

David

Ya sounds like you just shorted out the interior harness.
Check all your fuses and then bring the car to someone that knows what they are doing to check all of the wiring behind the center console

check PS fluid for the HICAS light, and yes theres a way to test the hicas but is pain in the ass imo

it says 1:00 every time you turn on the car?

check the consant 12V wire, likely behind the radio is where the problem will be.

had this problem in 2/4 of my 240’s

ok, tired the yellow wire this is what i found.

1. from the wiring harness the voltage across the RED wire was around 18V
  2. The previous owner had the YELLOW wire (battery) and the RED (power) wire from the aftermarket CD connected together with the RED wire From the wiring harness.
  3. The YELLOW wire from the Wiring harness was NOT CONNECTED

this made the CD player turn on.

1. I connect the CD player according to the color code of the wiring harness ot the after market cd player and then the CD player does not turn on.

BUT THE CLOCK IS FUNCTIONAL!!!

soooo does anyone have an idea?

I have check all the fuses in the kick panel and they are all good.

i have an idea, say fuck it and pay some1 else to do it, wires are bullshit.

my deck was beign a bitch to… i had to hardwire my dash lights, tail lights and cd player power to switches… works fine now you just have to turn everything on by hand… and when cops pull me over and ask what they all do i say turns on my V-TEC yooo (for when i wana go fast)

hahahhaha, im very close to saying “fuck it” but right now i want to find out what the problem is. then when i find out the problem i will judge if i need to pay someone to fix this problem or it is DImY.

BUT…

new problems…
ok the dash light is gone. In the dark the tach speedometer and the tachometer and the gas gauge cannot be seen, but here is the werid part…

The signal turns lights turn on and off, high beam indicator, the e-brake, seatbelt lights, etc are all functional. but the 'open door" light is on all the time.

so i just came in after looking at the wiring harness and i removed the harness from the after market deck and i found the lights in the console are still off…

Then i checked all the fuses again, the foot kick panel console fuses are all good. i dont know if there are any other fuses i need to look for.

So i AM YUKERD~!

i dont know… i can rip apart the console and replace the light bulbs will be my next step, then if that doesnt work…

then someone please recomend me to a shop that deals with automotive electronics that you think can help.

Regards
David

maybe the doors open all the time? thats why the lights on all the time? check the switches in the door jams

yup just checked the door, and played around with the door switch. its good… so tommarow i am going talk to the guys at selective sound and ill see what they can do with it. then with some luck i can figure it out… but if not then ill be saving so i can get someone to tinker w. it…

Regards
David

Ground issues

ok, so i got fed up last night and i took the car today to SLS.

Before the car went to SLS this was the status of the car

1. dash light did not turn on.
  2. dome light did not turn on.
  3. door chim was not on

after SLS

1. dash light is on YAY!

that is all… lol im going on work trip this sunday and i dont plan to mess around till i get back. So benson, you say grounding issues, i agree. But can you be more exact? the after market deck wiring harness for Nissans ARE HORRIBLE. There is no ground wire for the harness to the deck. so there itself is one problem…

If anyone is comming to the meet tommarow night at sq1 im driving the gunmetal s13, if you have any helpful suggestions.

regards
David