Electrical.

K 91 240 hatch-
Everytime i open the drivers door, with key out, (Havnt tryed with it in) the clock on the cluster goes out and when i shut the door, it goes back to 1:00
i dont even know where to start looking.

Anti lock light is on, it came on when the old alarm was taken out of the car.
If they had this alarm hooked up into the abs (which i dont thing there is any reason too) i will be pissed…

Suggestions, im not an electrical person, so if it sounds like to much work i will just leave it cause its not that big of a deal.

hi matt, i was wondering have you installed any new aftermarket electornics? i had a smiliar problem and it was related to my aftermarket cd deck. anyways, to your first problem

1. have you checked the fuses? it seem to me that the reason is that the console clock is connected with another line for example, I personally think the console clock is tied together with the dome light in your car. when you open your car door the dom light turns on. (my own personaly thoughts) but i would check the fuses first then start digging.

Regards
David

By anti lock im assuming abs? After I removed the horn from my alarm system when doing my 5 speed my abs light has turned on and the abs doesnt work anymore. Was this alarm installed by bestbuy by chance?

have you got a CD player or aftermarket deck?

is the yellow 12V constant wire (IIRC) contected to the 12V ignition wire?

this really shouldn’t have anything to do with your door sensor…

No aftermarked deck in there now but im assuming there was one in there.
and the alarm was probably installed by some stupid store. there were so many wires, i think thats why my abs light is on, might have gotten rid of something i shouldnt have.

And i’ll check that yellow wire later tonight.

It seems like the only ground you are getting to the clock (and potentially other stuff) is through the door switch, so when you open the door the power is reset. Check your grounds and whatever connections you might have added. Also check wiring in rusted areas. And under the dash.

k so, i found acouple more stupid things happening with the car.
There is a white wire going from the negitive termanal on the battery, hacked into the mass air flow…iv never seen this befor in my life…and another wire hacked from there grounded to the rad support? looking at my coupe, it doesnt look anything like this… And another wire coming out of the headliner that is supposta be going into the hatch, but it is cut. its black and has a wire inside of the wire (hard to explane) Reverse lights dont work, i think this was an automatic befor as it is also missing the cruise clutch switch.

I Would really just like to know why there is a wire coming out of my maf connector into the neg. battery termanal.

Im going to check all the grounds later today. as this car is becoming more of a headache then anything.

well I am assuming the maf ground is there probably because there was a disconnect in the factory Maf ground. Check all of your internal fuses. there are some that are tied to the clock, Mine did that until i replaced some fuses. your reverse light probably do not work becasue the sensior is not hooked up on the tranny, and the wire coming from the headliner, is it coming from the front of the headliner or the back?

The wire is cut at the back of the head liner

Replaced 2 Fueses today and now the clock and tail lights work properly…

Still want to know about that wank bank wiring on the mass air flow.

Old driver musta been messing around with the maf meesed up the ground wire, and was to lazy to ground if of on the chasis or extend the origional ground wire. That, or he was on crack.