Electrical help - stereo and clock dead

alright, i was trying to install my sirius radio and hardwire it into my deck harness but stupid me, the wires touched the metal casing on the deck and shorted somethign out.

now my clock doesnt work unless the car is in the “on” position. It used to display the time even when the keys were out. When i set the clock with the car running or on the “on” position, its sets but then it will eraese and set back to 1:00 when the car shuts off.

My deck doesnt work either now. i checked the wiring and its all good it seems. i dont have a volt meter to see if current is flowing though.

i checked the fuses under the knee board to the left but they are all ok. the cigarete lighter one was blown, i replcaed it and that still doenst work(thats why i originally tried to hardwire it).

are there any other fuses or something im missing here? how does the circuit for the clock work? anyone know by any chance?

thanks

update --> cig. lighter outlet works now but still no deck or clock…someone have a wiring diagram of how the two may be related or how i could have shorted out the clock by shorting the deck out too?

no one has any ideas??

i noticed tonight that the deck will flicker the lights on and off constantly for a split second as if there was power going to it but then it s not enough to start it up or because it just keep dieying out…and i noticed my interior roof lamp doesnt work and the same flickering of a dim light also happens with the “door open” symbol thing on the dash.

Maybe a loose ground?

Check you alternator fuse it’s a 75 amp fuse, and it is under the hood, passenger side fuse box. I’m 99.9% sure its your problem, as it just happened to me!!

If not, this ^, did you wire up a constant? I recently wired up a sony deck into my sisters S14, it didn’t work, the previous owner spliced the constant and the ign. power together, after I undid this the clock worked and so did the deck.

For the S14 I stole constant from the 4-way flashers as it is only 2 inches away from the radio, I initially had it wired according to the adaptor harness, but after that didn’t work the constant got a new source…

If not, this ^, did you wire up a constant? I recently wired up a sony deck into my sisters S14, it didn’t work, the previous owner spliced the constant and the ign. power together, after I undid this the clock worked and so did the deck.

For the S14 I stole constant from the 4-way flashers as it is only 2 inches away from the radio, I initially had it wired according to the adaptor harness, but after that didn’t work the constant got a new source…[/quote]

when u say constant, do u mean the live 12V feed such as the headlgiths for example? they can turn on withouth the keys in the ignition? or do u mean a RMT wire such as a stereo could work only when the keys in in the half way position before “on”?

how can u tell if the alternator fuse is broken? Im guessing by the wire u can see through the window? if its not one piece, its broken? If thast the case, its still intact. :frowning:

Also, i just noticed, but on my batt. ground post, there are 2 black ground cables…one is connected somewhere, and the other is maybe only 8inches long and is not connected to anything and has an eyelet type end. Does everyone have this cable?