dilemna........

You are lying!!! Why would your dad call you and tell you “turn over his baby” if he knew you were driving/RACING it the same day!!! You stole the car/blew it up/fucked up big time having no respect for your rents stuff and know you are fucked, end of story…

You’re a fucking moron. QFT :gtfo:

You seriously can’t read can you? Even if you missed the entire thread, he explained it again to you specifically. Lol, you stated the stated the same thing he just explained to you was wrong. You must be fucking stupid.

It’s that southern sweet tea getting to his brain.

dude…GTFO of this thread.:picard:

you sir are a moron, sir.

If your father knew you were going to race it… Whats left to tell them that while racing it, it the inevitable happened.

Sucks to hear something like that happened. You’ll justh ave to sort it out with your father. I would let him know right away.

I say shit happens. I was running my neons lil 2.0L DOHC up to 7800rpms, thats almost 1000rpms higher then factory suggested, with no troubles, all day long. And that lil thing has about 130,000 miles on it! You never know whats gonna happen. It could have happened to anything or anybody.

its his second car.
he does not need his week’s vacation ruined over something that i am going to be taking care of on my own anyway.

ill wait to tell him when he gets back.

basically he is going to have a 30XXX mile s2000 with a 0 mileage motor. so hes pretty much coming out ahead and im coming out $8K lighter in the wallet

we just replaced the bottom end in an 2sk at work a few weeks ago. the new bottom end was like 2400 i think, no idea on the top end tho.

Those S2K motors are stout. If anybody thinks otherwise I have some Best Motoring video’s showing mechanical overrevs during downshifts bringing stock motors well above 10k. I drove in that car with Chris shortly before it blew. Chris knows what he is doing behind the wheel of that car. He might have downshifted to 9k but, thats about it. There is a Honda TSB for the AP1’s valve train. Bring the car to Honda, they will most likely pay for a motor and you’ll pay labor.

ouch good luck just have a plan when they come back!

1. Don’t tell them until they come back. No need to ruin a vacation, no way to change what happened.

2. If they ask how everything is, say “oh, I’ll tell you when you get back, but everyone’s fine, no biggie” or something like that.

3. Rent a car for your dad to drive around. (just read it’s his second car, never mind then.)

4. Stop blaming your motor blowing itself up on Honda, shit happens.

5. At all costs to you, make sure you have a car for your dad. Write out a letter or e-mail or something and e-mail yourself on a date prior to when they come back.

6. I’m selling a 2002 with a warranty if you want.

Whatever guys if you cant tell this is bullshit, you need to get offline and get some air… His dad would not call “JUST to tell him to start the car”, if he knew he was taking it out anyways, whether it be to race or not. now he is just trying to change his story or lying w/e you want to call it…

:smash2:what? i guess im to stupid to read this cause i cant understand that shit…

not a good time for you to attack other peoples writing skills.

anyways… i think there should have been a poll…during vaca or after vaca…it would have alleviated your issues with repeating your self that you just want opinions on WHEN to break the bad news

def after vaca, make sure its just him and you. have everything planned out and written down, apologize, make sure to stress the fact that you will pay for it no matter what you have to do for the funds, apologize, do anything you can to make it look like your not just some disrespectful little punk (not saying you are im just talking from experience), apologize, and finally…explain to him the benefits of dropping an ls1 into the car!

damn man…i heard from letitroll what happend…sorry bro…shit sucks…this is coming from someone who has used every trick/scheme/lie/bullshit excuse in the book to tell ones parents, all i can say is to just be honest…you’re a good dude so i know you are gonna just lay it out for him and tell him what happend…but just tell him the cars gonna be fixed with your money, it’ll be washed/detailed when you get it back and it’ll run better than it did before…my only advice if your pops likes to hit things/people when he gets mad, stay about 10 feet or so away from him lol…good luck broski, you’ll be aiight

:word: Except I’d tell them what happened, the day before they come back. That way the vacation isn’t ruined, but your dad has time to cool off before getting to you. (Not sure how impulsive your dad is but play it safe)

Just don’t comlpicate the shit out of this.
Tell them --> apologize --> fix it --> rebuild trust.

i can’t help but think… “IT IS JUST A CAR”. As long as you didn’t steal it without his permission to use at the track… It’s just a car and money can fix it.

I’m not sure if it has already been suggested or not, since i did not read the first 5 pages. Have you thought about telling him you have AIDS right before telling him you blew his motor? It may help over-shadow the situation at hand.

Regarding everyone saying the motor is toast… He can probably just replace the head. Or even just the valve(s).

That’s all 91MR2 did when he blew up his lotus.

:fail: