DIPS Drift Days

hey guys
im prebooking some drift only days for next season.
im going to do one a month from may - august
i need to know from you guys what you would prefer

friday evening 5-8
sunday morning 8-12
sunday evening 4-8

sundays will be slight more expensive.
there is also the option for a full day sunday. but im pretty sure most of you dont have cars that can take the type of punishment.
however if you are interested in that please post.

Drift days will be limited to dunnville and shannonville.
tmp drift rules suck.

i will be offering a sign up for all and get a discount type thing once they are booked as well.

but first i need your input.
Thanks
Derek

sunday would be best since ppl get off work from friday and don’t have the time to go to the track.

sunday morning would be good since everyone is fresh from a good night sleep. the afternoon wouldn’t be so good since people would be tired at the middle of the day and then driving up there would tire ppl out even more.

or even a whole sunday.

and i vote for shannonville!!!

x2 sunday morning ftw… but i wanna try drifting @ dunville

id prefer the sunday afternoon/evening drift. maybe you can do morning one month and anfternoon/evening another.

nice signature, thats my dad in the cobra ahead of you.

maybe a saturday back to back all day event would be sick… shitty 3-4hour events are pussy cause its all rush rush to change tires, i wanna take my time and just chill and drift and talk to friends

we can bring a big compressor to the track and a generator
use a big impact for tire changes!!

Having something there for tire changes would be awesome. Personally I’d vote for Sunday Mornings. I don’t know how many events I’ll be able to make it to, but I want to come to as many as my bank account will let me. Since I have to drive down and back in the course of the weekend, having them Sunday morning would be nice. Get there Friday night, chill Saturday, track Sunday morning, lunch/cool down time for the car, head home so I can work Monday.

im not an early morning person so id say either friday afternoon or sunday afternoon!

x2 sunday morning ftw… but i wanna try drifting @ dunville[/quote]

Guys, evening doesn’t work, trust me. If you drive hard all day and have to work the pits and BS your car gives you, you know that your dead tired by night. Sunday morning for sure, especially if there is an ‘all day’ option. Having chill time during a full track day is key. Anyways, build it, and we will come…

Dunville is a fun course to drift, its set up to make you think about ideal lines to take during drift, and allow you to use various techniques (braking, lift-off, feint, downshift) with almost no need for clutch kicks. And some places have gravel runoffs, (which you DONT want to hit) giving you a bit of fear and suspense each time you push harder.

I agree with Sundays. I like your idea of splitting drift and grip. Drift and grip don’t mix like to dicks and no bitc…( Biggie anyone?). I wasn’t the biggest fan of Dunnville but I wouldn’t miss a drift day there.

I’m going through track withdrawal already.

CK

I think they do mix if the drivers are good and know how to work around each other. Playing cat and mouse with a grip guy while drifting is the best rush ever. But you have to drive using good lines and try to take turns as fast as you can, instead of just bombing into every corner with mega feints and e-brake pulls with no apex considerations…

Hey guys. If Dunville track is called the Dunville Atuodome, then my friend’s uncle owns the place. And i talked to him about setting up track days and probably with some kind of discounts and things like that.

Let me know guys.

I think it’s Dunnville Autodrome and yes set something up. I’d talk to Derek in PM about this though - it’s not a discussion for the public.

Also tell them to fire the damned track official. He not only insulted me, he told me I was a “fucking idiot”, in those words. I will never go back to the POS track. I went twice this year, and it was crap both times.

Sorry Derek…

The track is great for testing and setting up car, its still fun, but those the people that run it are idiots.

Andrew.

trust me, we are getting a pretty sweet deal already.
I did 8 days at dunnville last year and formed a good business relationship with Lee.
We are paying the least possilbe.

Alright man, I can get up there for free to just drive around the track if i’m with my friend.

Andrew, this kid is a jerk and a wanna-be, so i’d imagine his uncle can’t be much different, but i could be wrong.

He showed me pics of the track today in class, some of the corners looked a bit tough for drifting, like low speed stuff, but i doubt it was very much to scale proportionally. Then there are the long straight aways, and after the straights there are usually nice long slideable turns, where you can use inertia or shift lock/ power over or some kind of combination at a pretty high speed to enter and continue through the turn.

All in all, from what i have seen, it looks like a cool track, and should be fun.