DirecTV customers who like hockey...FREE SERVICES INSIDE

For the NFL Sunday ticket you have to pay an additional $100 if you want to be able to watch games in HD.

i tried doing this but they just tell me that they more than likely will never be broadcasting it again and that im SOL. i mentioned switching to timewarner and said that VS is one of the main reasons i watch tv, but the girl just kept saying she’s sorry. she said they’re not doing anything for their customers either.

what department did you guys complain to? customer service?

Are there any ways to get my Dish Network bill lowered? I pay $115/mo for 250 channels, HD and HBO. Time Warner came to my door offering me pretty much the same thing for a lot less to try and win back customers that switched to dish.

I don’t have Direct but for 90% of these types of companies you want the Retention department. They’re the ones authorized to give you free shit to stop you from cancelling.

Watch Slickdeals for existing customer promotions. I got one for $40 off my bill a month for a year by re-upping my contract

EDIT: Here’s the current one. http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?sduid=161297&t=1495643&highlight=dish+network

Also tell them that you purchased the directv package with VS just for that reason and your still paying for it.

+1 for Center Ice for free. It took 25 minutes on the phone, but it worked. They offered nothing, then 50% off, then it was free.

i called, very seriously about actually disconnecting my service, and they immediately threw me center ice for free. after a little more threatening about leaving for TW because of price issues they offer me $20 off a month, and free HD, so actually $30 off a month. I’m staying with them until the end of the month and then re-evaluating. I just don’t want to re-up a new contract.

i was never able to get this to work. the most they offer me is center ice for half off, and when i dont except that, they just have told me that they’re sorry if i want to cancel. do you guys ask for a cancellation department and then threaten them?

I never threatened to cancel or asked for another department. I was simply persistent in my explanation of why I shouldn’t have to pay.