Direct TV

Hey Guys,
Just started working for Direct Tv as a sales rep.Does anyone have any experience whether positive or negative to share about the company.Also if anyone needs Direct TV let me know:tup:

Already have it!

I have been contemplating Direct TV with the NHL package. Can you PM me pricing details, including the costs for hardware?

Have had DTV for ~10 years now, no complaints at all. Called about 6 months ago to see if they could offer me any discounts for being a “good paying customer” and they gave me $40 off per month for 12 months and 6 months of all movie channels for free. A+

My dad has it out in the sticks past silvercreek because he can’t get anything else there. Has only had roof-mounted rabbit ears till I got him Direct TV. He’s entirely happy with it, and loves being able to watch some shows he’s never seen before. Never had any issues, and he’s 100% satisfied.

Horrible. Made switch from cable and regret every minute of it. Will be going back to cable when contracts up.

I love it mine. The only time it sucks is when the weather gets bad and the signal cuts out…
My favorite part is the guide. Greys out channels I don’t get and is really easy to navigate.

BTW, if you’re switching to DirecTV, I have referral codes. Save yourself $100… PM me :slight_smile: I’ll get you my number and name and you’ll get $10 off for the first 10 months.

Same goes for anyone… just toss me a PM and I’ll get you my account number and name to give the DirecTV person to get the $100 discount.

I have a DVR box that skips and freezes a lot. been to lazy to make an appointment. But besides that love it.

I have had it for years and love it, great customer service as well. The new box that lets me record 5 things at once ensures I’ll be unproductive for the rest of my life. Can I get a discounted rate for my decreased productivity? :wink:

Be a bit cautious with signing everyone up under the sun. I know churn (customer retention for 2 years) was a major thing years ago. DirecTV was brutal about that at one point, and I would imagine they are still pretty strict about it. I have been installing DirecTV with the place I am with now for over 6 years and it can be a difficult company to work for at times but the money can be decent. Nothing like it use to be even just a couple years ago even though it is twice as difficult now.

Who are you doing sales for? Your location is important as well if you are working for a local contractor in PA. Also if you are a installer and hand out the cards with your promo code you can expect to have about half of your sales stolen by the rep that takes the phone call so watch that shit like a hawk. I stopped giving out those cards years ago because I got so pissed about that happening over and over and over. I run sales through my parents so I know I get paid every time + I get paid to do the install.

most of the time when someone does not like DirecTV it is due to a improper install. It will go out in really bad weather but it should not go out all the time.

The best advice I can give you is to not lie or mislead your customers because it will come back to you either on a post call survey or through other methods. Get use to corp rolling out new tech on their comercials that does not exist in your market. Like wireless clients and that voice bullshit that is not here in NY10 yet. I get so many canceled jobs because of bullshit like that. " WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU NEED TO RUN A WIRE"

it is DirecTV not Direct TV not that anyone would really notice.

Im going to be working out of the new olean office as a sales rep,they are currently looking for a team leader so may get put into that position

One thing that pisses me off about direct tv is they don’t offer a cable card…

Have it, not bad. Usually pretty great customer service, however I’m not under contract anymore and the minute that FiOS offers me something worthwhile, I’ll probably jump ship. However, FiOS internet and DTV have been a pretty great combo thus far.

love 'em. Been with them for years. Amazing customer service.

Loved them back in the HU card/emulator days. :snky:

I knew a guy that could get you an unlimited access card for $200. Just don’t plug in a phone line :lol:

who are you doing sales for?

Actually work directly for DirecTv

Never saw myself as a dish guy but when it came time to pick a provider in N Buffalo DTV was just by far the best option when it came to value. Turns out the signal hasn’t been an issue at all and I can’t complain at all about all the throw ins like Sunday ticket. Only chance of me leaving is if they put fios in my area and have some pretty stellar deals.

Thanks guys,tell anyone you know that wants directv you know a guy haha.Ill be glad to do what I can and be upfront with people