Discuss:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs449.ash2/72281_10150103755815809_125281815808_7235464_5764790_n.jpg

who cares what it looks like, if it works that is fucking awesome!!! still looks better than rado’s tc…lol

Edit: any info on the car besides it being a k swapped eg from hasport…

Rado’s new AWD TC is actually pretty sick looking. 1000whp helps too, I suppose.

It’s been mentioned that the front spoiler of Chris Rado’s
AWD Scion TC, is what gave them the edge to dominate last year

http://www.autoguide.com/gallery/d/229568-5/11nfsscionrado.jpg
http://www.autoguide.com/gallery/d/229608-3/01nfsscionrado.jpg
http://scionnews.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/rado_6.ashx_.jpg

Im not an aerodynamics-engineer, but it seems like the less obstruction
to the ‘stream’ in a wind tunnel, the less drag you would have.

In front engine cars, especially FWD, it seems like it would be a benefit to
keep the front end stable at high speed, especially in time-attack.

the new one does look pretty damn good. i understand the point, but i just think the big effing wing on his old one looked goofy. O yeah and 1000whp always helps!

if you read this months modified he states that the higher wing on his fwd car was more effective in producing downforce but this one is lower down since he has the addition of awd with his new car, which is completely badass, who cares what it looks like.

his awd tc didn’t come out till this year, last year he dominated w fwd.

Looks like ass, but if it works and helps you win races…why the fuck not?! :lol

didn’t rado destroy the unlimited FWD record at Laguna Seca or something with the fwing

looks totally fuckin stupid but if it helps and he dominates them thumbsup to this dude

Just put one on my sedan.

before you all plead “function over form” allow me to remind you of this:

I still say that’s complete bullshit. That car had a TON of money dumped into it.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Chris jumped in his tC and broke his own FWD Unlimited Class time trial record of 1.29.34 seconds. Not only did he break the record, but he basically poured gasoline on it, lit a match, and watched it explode when he set the new Willow Springs FWD track record of 1.27.30 – more than a two second improvement! Chris says, “I know the car has another two or three seconds faster in it. With a little more test time over this weekend, I know we could have done it.”

So lets look at this again… in 2008 Chris ran a 1.27 at willow springs in his first (or second I can’t remember) year on road courses. He said the car was good for another 2 or 3 seconds… so now we’re down to 1.24. The car goes away for winter and comes back with wider tires, more power, quicker spool, less weight, and a more experienced driver and the thing gets 2 seconds quicker than that.

Yep, must be due to the front wing.[/QUOTE]

i think the one lower down looks aggresive as fuck. and stop hating mafdark, some day youll have a car that runs. like a subaru or a civic or something.

I’ll take my flinstonemobile over your POS anyday.

if it didn’t work why would he put it on his new car? it’s not like rado is some internet rice body following the new awesome trends, he has always gone out there and done shit nobody else has in the pursuit of being the fastest, his goal with his new awd tc is to take down the time attack records around the world, and he believes the front wing will help him. no the front wing wasn’t the only thing that helped his tc become faster then it was before, but it did help him. i can agree with you on hating on the idiot with the integra and cobra, but not on hating on stupid looking front wings, and it’s not just cause rado personally complemented my mr2. lol

this.

not something id be puttin on my ride

lol ok.

its a sports car, theyre 100% business. nobody cares about looks or sound if it does the job.

I’m not hating as much as curious, from what I know about aerodynamics there are much more efficient ways to introduce downforce at the front without causing that much drag. I’m no aero expert and pretty much anything I know comes from watching/reading F1 and reading race car engineering.

My task to those of you who insist that the Fwing is the key to good lap times is to find actual data for us to discuss.

As to WHY would he have it on the car if it wasn’t significantly beneficial… take a look at the car over the years and estimate how much more sponsorship dollars have been dumped in it. I’m confident that the attention the Fwing has attracted is responsible for the corporate sponsorship from Needforspeed/speedhunters and others. But still, that doesn’t mean it doesn’t reduce laptimes.

i don’t think he needs any help getting sponsors, his name is huge in the import industry and if it wasn’t some what beneficial i don’t think he would keep it, he is after lap times, not popularity, he has already taken down multiple fwd records while using the wing, he’s going after awd now, if he does it, i’d say its pretty good proof that the wing helps.