Disney Marathon This Winter?!?!?!?!?

Well since I am already planning on doing it with my pops this winter and who doesn’t need a vacation from Buffalo winter i figured i would see if anyone else wants to go.
http://disneyworldsports.disney.go.c…ailPage&bhcp=1

Basically we plan to probably get a condo on the beach for maybe 7-10 days, run the marathon, RAGE! RAGE! RAGE!, chill on the beach, golf, and RAGE!!!

LOL this is how it started so I just moved the posts into this thread!

[quote=“cougarspeed”"]

I will race anyone on here in a 10 mile race on foot. I will put up $100

[/quote]

Seriously? If so, my girlfriend would love to take this offer up

Well since I am already planning on doing it with my pops this winter and who doesn’t need a vacation from Buffalo winter i figured i would see if anyone else wants to go.
http://disneyworldsports.disney.go.c…ailPage&bhcp=1

Basically we plan to probably get a condo on the beach for maybe 7-10 days, run the marathon, RAGE! RAGE! RAGE!, chill on the beach, golf, and RAGE!!!

LOL this is how it started so I just moved the posts into this thread!

Seriously? If so, my girlfriend would love to take this offer up

Yes

My next race is the Seattle Marathon next weekend. Fly out and I have a place for you guys to stay.

$100 won’t cover plane ticket for her, or us both =(

She’s done the Pittsburgh 26 mile marathon before, in 10 degree weather…and has another marathon coming up soon too.

Could be an interesting race

I will do price of airfare if she wins! If not you guys get to come chill in Seattle!!! What was her time? I will say one of my female training partners is a recent west point cross country runner… I am faster then her.

LOL Pics of event or ban. This needs to happen.

Mentioned it to her and she can’t get out of work…future date down the line perhaps?

Next year I am going to run the disney marathon with my dad. We could run it then rage out in FLA for a week? I am running it with my dad though and will stay with him. Time will be around 4hrs 4:30max

4-4.5 hours for you?

She just told me she’s pretty slow and not to enter her in any races lol, but she did a 3 hr 45 min in the 10 degree weather…which doesn’t seem slow to me…

So it’d be a close race or what? I’m not a runner if you can’t tell haha.

edit: She says she’s on for the Disney 1

Says she’s ran a 1:17 10 mile before.

That is the pace I will be running to stay with the old man! Her time is great for the weather! I am hoping to run under 3:30 next weekend as there are TONS of hills. Pm me if you guys want to plan something this winter. It would be fun if more people came out and partied and whatnot. Aight im going to the bar!

See Timmy this is how you handle callouts and races!!! We are gonna end up getting a fucking vacation out of the deal!!!

That is around what i run it out of shape. Great time though and im jealous your gf runs. When I try to run with mine she ends up getting mad at me cause i tell her she is slow and not trying hard enough the whole time. :frowning:

Ya it’ll be a good vacation! Be nice if we could save some loot by staying with you too. I’m jealous of runners myself…1 mile and I’m winded. Oh and she’s gorgeous on top of it =]

You in Buffalo cougarspeed?

http://disneyworldsports.disney.go.com/dwws/en_US/events/eventDetail/detail?name=WdwMarathonDetailPage&bhcp=1

Jesus Christ this thread is really fucked up. Anyways here was my experience.
http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63966&highlight=disney

wtf is up with this thread?

ugh 26 miles :fu:

I couldnt walk for a week after the half…

bump… and, maybe. is this happening? do you need a qualifying time to enter?

Yeah I failboated making the thread as I made it…then transferred posts from another thread. Fail And I remember your thread. You should come do it again in thess the 6 hours lol. Nice course layout?

Bro you are running it.

It is for me I need excuses to vacation this winter duhhhh. But yeah I will be there with my pops and I will talk jeffypoo into it as well. I think we should rent a house on the beach. Just sayin

:fu:

You dont need a time to run. Just need to pay the entrance fee. It really is a lot of fun and would maybe think about doing it again. Maybe when I have a couple kids.