DIY Rear, anti airdam (top speed/track mod)

lol. word.

Put this in the wind tunnel.

you have one I can use?

holy shit I’m agreeing with newman (don’t worry I’ll go cut myself and cry in the corner later)…

Mark no offense but you have QUITE the rep so far of doing this on NY Speed :gay3: - there’s a difference between :snky: and stupidly vague. If this is supposed to be a technical / DIY section, why post something you don’t want to discuss details about??

PS - my $.02 is that whether it makes a difference or not, it seems like an awfully large amt. of work for the time/$. Why not just get a junkyard bumper and cut holes, and swap it when you run at the track, if it really DOES help?

Fair enough. Sorry for being stupidly vauge.

correction Honda already has a part similar to this but nicer

that part is totally different from an engineering and aerodymanic standpoint…its not jsut a flat piece it has rigdes and egdes to create Downforce

its different but yet similar, it has the same idea just better designed

it has an R and D department behind it, with a wind tunnel

That honda piece creates no downforce. Reduces drag, yes, creates downforce? :lol:

Ya, layzie what car is that on. I think I read somwere looking for into on this the newer acura TLs have a rear end pan whatever? And some GP guys were saying the 04+ GTP/GXP compG have a differnt rear bumper cover. That gose under the car far. And is sealed up for air getting trapped in the rear bumper.
Same idea

thats on a 92-95 civic hatchback

who makes that? link?

any more info on it?

you knew about it the whole time

oem product. ya ive known about it

it COULD increase downforce IF the air under car would be allowed to travel faster

you can definitely create downforce with a properly designed underbody.

you can also create lift or add drag with a poorly designed one.

I am not saying that you can’t do it, but based on a few courses i have taken in fluid mechanics/gas dynamics, it appears that your part will perform as the latter.