DL Motorsports Strikes again. Stay away hope he closes shop.

So today Myself and a buddy where about to change a Rear main seal on my sr. Well To are surprise, there was alot more then just a main. When we started to take the Tranny bolts off and out of the way, we started to notice that alot of them were in the wrong places…The bellhousing the Hanger so on and so forth. Honest mistake so finally get her out and noticed that the Exedy Pressure plate had bolts that were tougher to take out then the others. No big deal we got it off. We then saw the “Single disk 6 puck Clutch” that I did not order, then moved on to see that the flywheel was Oem and Burned to shit. So I took various pictures without trying to get to angry, Finally we got the Fly wheel off . When we got to theRear main housing to no surprise more hacked work. The Seal is fine but the housing is Cracked through and through. Pretty sad that they felt the need to hide their pathetic attempts at what some may call " a tranny job" by filling the cracks with more silicone than Pamela Andersons tits. Needless to say,I Paid for parts that I didn’t get such as:fidanza flywheel ,twin disk Exedy Clutch and many more.I love having MINDLESS BABOONS attempt to fix my car . The only thing I can come out of this situation with is a lesson learned and knowledge to know a reputable mechanic when I see one. He is also being sued for promiosing numbers of power that were no way reachable with your budget. He is full of false promises and lacking all mechanical knowledge. never trust a mechanic that makes you solve his problems, and mistakes…Ask Dan about his “tuning capabilities” or lack there of. Furthermore, if you would like to spemnd an obcene amount of money and walk away with a half finished, half-assed job. See Mike at DL motorsports. Don’t let his nice and seemingly forth-coming attitude fool you. He is a crook.

wtf is DL?

This is why noone touches my car but me.

yep I have a couple boys I trust to help me out. If I can’t figure it out I do belive My friends and the forum for help.

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

Mind you this set up has only seen At most maybe 6k on it. Didn’t even get to beat on it really. To busy fixing to many damn Mistakes on it.

This is a terrible thread btw.

kind of confusing.

Had to read the part about Dan twice, to be clear on who you were mad mouthing.

Nonetheless, I agree with Tacoboy, this is why i litterally do everything on my car. Only thing i don’t do is my own alignments … yet.

if he’s alraedy being sued, get into contact with those people and a lawyer, see if you can get your money back…its ridiculous what some of us spen on our cars and many times, when you come across a situation like this…it truly is money wasted

I think his point for this thread is to let other people know not to get work done by this guy… so this thread is very helpful, thanks.

Exedy twin disc comes with its own flywheel. Are you sure he new what you wanted to order? How much did it cost you? Parts, labour.

Sasha at S-G is the only place I’ve trusted with my car. Hasn’t let me down.

Why didnt you take your car to Sasha at SG? It almost pissed me off how many cars came into SG that I worked on that came from other shops that FUCKED the cars. I wont state any names at all. Instead of bringing your cars to SG where you know your work will be amazing and done right the first time a lot of people are too cheap they end up DOUBLE paying what they should have paid for once. Im not being one sided as I worked at SG...but honestly before and after I worked there I knew and could let anyone know that Sasha at SG will DO right the first time. I have replaced a few rear main seals in my life..I have broken the rear main housing cover before they are a bitch to get off some times. You have to take the loss and order the customer a new one. Its not their fault it broke and no silicon can make replacing with an oem part better. Its not like you cant get a rear main housing from any nissan dealership. This part is easly accessible...also not that expensive to replace. I feel bad that you had shit service. You know another thing..Having improperly torqued flywheel and clutch bolts can lead to serious fucking injury. Im sure you have seen videos…if not youtube a few videos of what happens when clutch`s come loose at like 6000rpm…blows right threw the tranny tunnel…Probably can take a leg off.

Anyways… dude sorry he hacked your shit. You shoudl really almost look into user feedback about shops. If not post a feedback thread and let people tell you what happens. No matter how nice a person seems…does not mean they can do good work.

Good luck on future shops…hopefully you speak to Sasha.

Edit…omg I spell like I`m two…I corrected most but I feel like I missed a lot baha DANG.

Ouch! Wasnt this car somewhere in hamilton? Is this the mike at DL or the SCM mike who used to work at DL, I thought I saw your car in hamilton at a shop.

P.s that looks like an exedy Hyper single clutch…probably a used one lol. They are amazing clutchs` briggs used em in his drift s14…I dont know if he still does.

lol cant find a single good review online, why didnt you research first?

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/f39/fellow-members-beware-dl-motorsports-441653/

http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=187340

http://www.gtcars.ca/online/chit-chat/73666-fellow-members-beware-dl-motorsports.html

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?1077864-Anyone-here-get-work-done-by-DL-Motorsports&p=10173400&viewfull=1

truth. my whips there right now.

Ya it was at scm as well but lets no go there as well. He took my money and other customers and Ran with it closed shop and long story short, If I ever see that clown again and this time he is not running with his tail between his legs this time. I ended up doing all the work my self and had a lovely Ebay manafold on my car which blew up with in the first hour. So ya S g will be doing the work if i can’t do it my self. Thats what I get for being lazy should of done all this work myself.

So SCM fucked you too? Ouch.

Yep both shops saw me coming man. Well I guess the fact they where close to me and both have a very good Rep didn’t mean shit. Should of Went to SG or did it my self. Lesson learned

anything more happen with this?>