dlp vs 3 lcd? circuit city guys and other av nerds

Samsung
HL-S4676S
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Samsung-46-DLP-Projection-HDTV-HL-S4676S/sem/rpsm/oid/158861/catOid/-12870/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

or

Sony
KDF46E2000
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Sony-46-LCD-Projection-TV-KDF-46E2000/sem/rpsm/oid/157550/catOid/-12867/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

popped in to CC and both looked about the same… the sony seemed a little more clear with still pics, but im worried about motion blur.

some of the sets there seemed to be adjusted, and others werent, so i figured i would ask if you guys had thoughts.

do not post some bullshit about a 1080p set or some crap about some bullshit i dont care about. thanks :slight_smile:

it needs 1080p…

haha jk

what is the price diff between the 2 sets? i didnt add it to my cart to see. both look pretty good with specs and pricing but it doesnt list the sonys contrast ratio…

do you really need a 46 inch

IMO I would go with a 40 lcd that flat…it just looks cooler

I sell TV’s at Sears. Personally I think the Samsung has the better picture.

Even if you are just going for TV I would not recommend a projection lcd, you get that screen door effect… but if I had to choose I would say Samsung since my Samsung PC monitor ownzz

yes, i do

100 bucks or so.

from the reviews it seems that everyone likes both sets, but some people traded their samsungs on for the sony and were happier… does anyone own either of these? i would like to see what 1 or both look like setup properly.

I personally don’t like LCDs, but that’s just me. I think the sammy is a better looking TV from an aesthetic piece of junk in your living room stand point too. If they have the same inputs, pick the one w/ the better remote.

thats like saying i studied medicine in bermuda, now let me cut you open

DLP is a superior picture to LCD projection

DLP is the fastest refreshing technology out there right now, so there will be no motion blurr, the colorwheel is now very fast and and has more sections then older models, elimitationg the “rainbow effect”

Because DLP is a reflective technology the pixels are closer together and the image is brighter, thus leading to no screen door effect and a more vivid image

LCD projection the light must pass through the panel and that causes some loss of light output(its minimal but its there) but there is teh screen door effect (which isnt really evident on a 46, but still there)

DLP > Wega

IMO, DLP = better transition rates then LCD, better contrast & colors.

720p is fine for a 46", You no need 1080. Hardly anyone does.

For either model You decide on, check out the owners threads:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/

hollar thanks kids
:tup:

lol

what about gaming? im a loser and still only have an old skool xbox, is there going to be lag with that samsung set? i haven’t been able to find a definate answer anywhere.

the newest samsung sets have no lag, i own 2, a 61" that is 2 years old and a 42 that is only a year old, ive played PS2 on the 2year old one and 360 on both and never noticed any lag, the new ones all have a dedicated game mode that eliminates the lag unlike the