Do I need a new clutch? *PICS*

Well I picked up a M/T for my swap today that was fairly striped, but one thing it nicely came with was a clutch and presser plate. I only have ever had an auto trann so I don’t know much about clutches, and I don’t know if this clutch is past its prime.
So you guys tell me if I need to invest in a new one or this one still has some life in it.
Thanks

oh and if anyone has any M/T parts, please let me know:
http://www.son240sx.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36322

not mint but good

the disc looks fine, check if there are any loose springs in the clutch. and you should probly get a new pressure plate cause that one looks a bit rusty. or clean it up atleast… other than that it looks good. hows the flywheel?

Wouldn’t be a bad investment do install a new clutch (pressure plate, etc.) when doing the 5sp swap. I believe you can get an OEM clutch rebuild kit from the dealership for about $200 or $300, or go straight for a performance clutch. One less thing to do in the future :wink:

You either do it once or do it twice. If its a FF I’d use it, but since our cars are FR, getting to the clutch isn’t as convenient, so I’d get a new one.

its fine, lots of meat, rust is only cosmetic on that clutch.

personaly i would spend the 300 bucks and get liek a stage two clutch kit jsut to save you the headache down the road. but if your on a tight budget just give that one some loving.

If you have the money to spare just get a new performance clutch as well as get your flywheel resurfaced. Its a fair bit of work to change a clutch, id just put a brand new clutch/pressure plate in there and not worry about it knowing its brand new.

Lots of life left on that clutch, it should last the season. It might chatter a bit for the first 100km but it should be fine after that. Grab a new TOB though… its SO annoying when those are noisy. They run about $30 at nissan.

Changing a clutch isn’t too much of a PITA on our cars. Someone experianced should be able to do it in 4-5 hours. Even if you have never done it before you should be able to accomplish it in 8.

agreed clutches are simple. TOB and pilot bearing should be changed tho…

agreed the pad looks brand new

already got new ones, its all coming together boys boom!

you said that youve only ever had A/T does that mean you will be ‘learning’ to drive M/T because if so… you will be riding the clutch like a dirty rollercoaster… its recommendable to just get a new one… its 300 bucks that will save you big money later and lots of time later!!