do you guys dislike RHD cars?

i was just wondering what you guys think of the whole RHD import craze. do you like asking owners why they bought one? or do you automatically group them into fanboy category?

i just hate being judged arbitrarily. i get lots of flack for my car and sometimes i wonder why don’t people just mind their own business?

i dont really care as long as they respect the road and dont drive like idiots.

It makes no difference to me whether someone elses car is RHD or not. That being said I wouldn’t want one… I drove my sister’s car for a while and her drivers side window won’t open… and it was a huge PITA for going through security at condos and stuff like that… would be even worse with a RHD car…

As long as Im not the guy who T-bones the RHD owner who goes through the interseciton too soon I dont really care. I’d drive RHD if I found a good deal on a RHD car.

Buying a RHD car that already exists in Canada, such as a 300ZX, is just plain stupid if you ask me. I mean why not just buy an LHD version for way less?? Friggin ricers.

and dont even get me started on lumina vans.

I like my RHD car
But I wouldn’t own one if I lived in the city.

Also the rust buckets thing is true…
Anyone that has seen the engine bay of my car knows how stupid clean it is. If you like 240s you’d cry if you saw how little rust there was.

:stickpoke: imported RHD z32’s are waaaay cheaper than what we have here…

E

:stickpoke: imported RHD z32’s are waaaay cheaper than what we have here…

E[/quote]

Agreed… and you can get turbo 2+2s, and the NA 2 seaters are not super rare like they are here.

i dont get it…

anyways,

i want to get a skyline i think… not immediately because car loans are for fags, but i can see me driving one around in a year or two and developing some gear for it

i’ve been thinking about it alot lately actually

its at the point now where its cheaper to buy a rhd car and bring it over, no rust, low kms, and lots of goodies for cheap. Rather than to build a 240 plus it saves you months of searching for a decent chassis.

To build a nice 240, sr swap etc. your looking at around, 10 or 11k unless you can do everything yourself then it will be significantly cheaper.

The other week I saw, a full drift set up silvia, with a nice turbo, roll cage etc for $6500 and that was negotiable.

i like my import, rust free, low millage, reliable, almost like new.

i disagree with you all about the z32’s

importing one from japan they come with less KM, and are cheaper, one could say teh same about an Ae86, but rust free and low millage make up for it.

Ah, well, I guess you could say I’m a fan of RHD. :wink:

I was joking Z32’s are sick, I was going to get an RHD Z32 before I got my S14.

Well for me RHD would be an advantage to me for shifting since I’m left handed :D, and from what I’ve heard, it just takes some getting used to.

learning to operate a RHD car is no big deal… it’s getting used to driving on the opposite side of the road that’s tricky. lol, it took three Australian police cruisers to surround me (one from behind and two coming head-on) before i realized i was going the wrong way! :lol:

rhd is fun , i drove nissan premera( g20) in trinidad, am its fun mainly cause they drive on the left side( opposite from us here), am over here have ffun with a left turn !! lolz

After a few days of driving an RHD car, I felt just as comfortable in it as I would in a LHD vehicle. Are they more unsafe? Depends on who you are talking about… more unsafe for the driver? Yes… because if you DO happen to chance going through an intersection without being sure of what’s coming, you are the one being hit, you don’t have the luxury of your passenger absorbing the impact.

It’s not what you drive, it’s how you drive. If someone drives like an asshole in a LHD car, putting him in a RHD car isn’t going to make him any better/worse… he will still drive like an asshole. A minivan can be just as dangerous as a sports car if the driver is a tool.

Couldn’t be said any better. werd.

that’s my reasoning when trying to defend myself, but people just argue it to no end. every week on our local boards some ass jumps down the throat of another RHdriver. it gets tiresome hearing the same bullshit from the same narrow-minded people.

i’m glad to see there are more sensible people out here. :slight_smile:

acctually its A LOT cheaper by a couple thousand $