Do you trust the Federal Government?

This is a private poll. No purpose other than my own curiousity. With everything that is going on in the world and the last 8 years. Do you truly trust our government? Would you trust them to put the interests of the citizens before that of big business or private interest?

Sweet, I’m the only one who said yes!

:snky:

Current government - Big Business/Business in general >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> people of the country

Asking this question now is kind of jaded. With the $700 billion bail out of the rich, of course people will sit back and say “What about us? We’re paying $7000 each to bail out some rich fuckers who can’t handle their cash.”

I do trust the government, and even I want to push NO due to the current affairs.

I’m not voting, as we all know what the outcome is going to be this week.

I don’t trust the government, but I do have a faith in Americans.

nope… don’t trust any politician actually.

yes…

interesting results so far

agreed

however, it is a more difficult question to answer than just yes or no. In certain scopes, I do trust the government. In others I don’t/wouldn’t.

I would not go so far as to say I have full trust in the government. I also wouldn’t say that I do not trust the gov’t 100%.

Feel free to explain your answer then. Give us the reasons for and against. This is an open forum and I personally would not judge you for it.

There is no way I am voting in that poll, Echelon is watching.
They know what’s going on, even in private polls:tinfoilhat:

Does that answer your question?:lol:

How I view it…

Trusting the government 100% = Ignorance
Not trusting the government at all = Ignorance

Nothing is perfect. We as individuals aren’t perfect so we shouldn’t exactly expect our government to be either. Most of the time you try and put faith in people to do the right thing, but it doesn’t always happen obviously. People that don’t question anything at all seem oblivious and or stupid, but the same thing applies for the people that question everything.

What level of government are you talking about Defense? Homeland security?

thats the thing, the question isn’t specific enough.

Don’t really have the time to type out a lot on the subject, but there are a lot of different governments and departments.

some can be trusted, some cannot be.

I trust what they do, not what they say. I don’t trust what they say nor how it is ever reported. But I trust that politicians act in the best interest of the coalitions they represent. I also by no means consider the government infallible.

^Until April 19, 1993.(Most of you were toddlers then so you probably don’t remember)

Waco, tx, i thought for a moment you were talking about the first bombing of the trade towers

My question was meant to be broad as the federal government umbrellas alot of things, FEMA, Homeland security, defense, US treasury, Federal Reserve (sort of quasai) etc. It’s all the things it emcompasses I wasn’t asking persay what you thought of the patriot act or anything like that.

I’m just curious to see what a broad spectrum of people from different view points and backgrounds thinks. I did this privately for obvious reasons that alot of people on this forum are immature and use that to mock someone else.

If you feel inclinded to add to it. Cool. If not that’s ok too. The question being broad and the poll concise evokes your gut reaction which is what I was after.

I feel you either trust them or you don’t.
It’s like saying, “I trust Ted with my money but I don’t trust him with my girl friend.”
THEN YOU DON’T TRUST HIM.

What? How did Waco make you lose faith in the government? Were you a branch davidian? :awdrifter: :stuck_out_tongue: