Does anyone have any experience with Speed Bleeder?

…or shall I say have any bad experience with it? For those who uses them, do you always get the SS version?

Thanks ahead for the input!

Speed bleeders as in direct fitment caliper body bleeders? I hate them. They can still introduce air past their threads and I’ve wasted more time dicking around with them in the past than they’re worth.

Cars I always use a power bleeder at the reservoir. Bikes I always force bleed form the calipers back up to the reservoirs.

Gotcha! thanks for the input.

Just my .02 that’s all. Some sy you can grease the threads and make them seal better, but grease attracts debris which can lock up those small bleeders. Too much work for something that’s supposed to be so simple.

Is this for your bike? I can show you how to make a cheap pressure bleeder for a bike that uses compressed air for about $15 or less if need be. <-- need a compressed air source with an adjustable regulator that can drop down to around 5psi.

I did read about the issue you experienced from other sources, due the bleeder just doesn’t fit like the factory ones.

It is for my racebike, and I am trying to find a way to change/bleed the brake fluid fast at the track without fussing around too much. I was planning to get a mityvac bleeder, so I don’t need air. Have you have any experience with the mityvac bleeder?

Thanks.

The vacuum bleeders do work and get the job done. You can sometimes have probelems with them if your systems internal ports are small. The vacuum in that case just isn’t sufficient enough to draw the fluid through and properly evac air. You also sometimes can get false “readings” as you can draw air past the bleeder threads and it will look like bubbles in the fluid, when it’s really just pulling air past the bleed screw itself.

Relatively cheap and effective thouugh, and if you’re just using it to draw old fluid out of the system between heats it should suit you fine. I wouldn’t use it for a complete system flush though.

What would you reccommand for a complete system flush? Cause I actually need that done first…

Full system flush on a bike is easy man . Use a clean lint free cloth or other way to remove old fluid in resavour clean res with a cloth then refill system and open blessed allowing fluid to drain out . Once fluid is clean out of blleder pull caliper and squueze pistons back to rest so ya force air out . Install caliper and pump back up and make sure no leaks and a solid lever .

Yup…http://www.buyandfun.com/en/large-syringe-for-hydroponics-100ml-80cm-handy-tube-p7675.html

Use one of those to draw all the old fluid out, should take 20 seconds tops, drain and wipe it clean, then fill it and bleed the system from the caliper up. Should take you all of 2 minutes :slight_smile:

They make larger ones, that’s a 100ml.

Thanks for the input guys!

I’ve used a vacuum one in the past and got nowhere as like Boxersix said, air sneaks it past the nipple.

I’m going to go with a reservoir mounted one in the future myself. Might give the Harbor Freight one a shot. Hard to mess a simply push system up, and if it doesn’t work I’ll just return it, but price is rather reasonable.

Get a hold of me if you need help Aaron (Rocketpunch)