does anyone know....

what the differences between ABS Vlsd and NON-ABS? i heard that the ABS pumpkin is just slightly larger and thats basically it.

for 2way diffs, does it matter if its for an abs pumpkin or not?

also, i got a spare subframe and was wondering if the axles are also ABS specific or not. can they be switched up? how can one tell the difference between the two.

thanks

for 2ways it matters if the original diff was VLSD or open.

ABS pumpkins are a bit longer because they accomodate the ABS sensor at the front of the diff.

^^ ya the vlsd and open do matter

but does ABS vlsd and Non-abs vlsd matter for 2way? or same stuff? i guess abs vlsd would just have some added room but would that affect anything?

thanks

The only thing I would be concerned about is the ring gear and the ring gear bolts for that 2-way LSD. If that’s different, you won’t be able to bolt the ring gear onto the LSD. I believe nissan used M12 and M13 bolts for their ring gears.

Tomei has a nice list of the different LSD’s they used on the stock Nissan VLSD’s.
http://www.tomei-p.co.jp/_2003web-catalogue/efr_set-from_top-menu/efr_index_t-trax-ad_rset.html

you are going to notice that the only difference b/w these Tomei LSD’s is the size of the ring gear bolts and the ring gear teeth serrations. I believe the canadian S14’s only got one VLSD (no matter if it’s ABS or non-abs housing) and that was the M12 ring gear bolts, 29T ring gear (I’m not 100% sure, but I think I remember reading about that when I had my LSD).