non-abs vlsd (manual) bolt to abs car (manual)??

To clarify…

I have a vlsd, pumpkin, output shafts etc, the whole unit.

its from a non-abs, 5spd s13.

can i drop my open diff on my 90 5-spd coupe with abs and bolt it up?

maybe if you get the back half of a non-ABS driveshaft.

hrm, can anyone confirm?

thx

John, is ABS disabled?

IIRC the ABD pumpkin has a sensor where the propeller shaft bolts up.

I have an ABS pumpkin with driveshaft, if you want to swap.

honestly, i dont really know

i dont believe the abs works, so it may be disabled but its in the car.

i’ll have to figure that out i guess. :x

abs and non-abs driveshafts are different lengths is my understanding,

the abs driveshaft i think is shorter as the input part of the abs diff is longer for the abs sensor when compared to a non-abs diff

maybe i should clarify

i understand that they are different lengths, but i also understand that when it comes to driveshafts lengths are not super presice and there is a bit of leniency as far as the spline engagement goes

if the diff that I have causes a bit less engagement at the tranny i dont really care if its only a fraction of an inch… i just have no clue how much of a difference there is or if the change in mounting position might fuck up the carrier bearing mounting point or what…

i dont want to get 90% in to the job only to realize i’ve been wasting my time, thats all :slight_smile:

what elroy said is right. get a non abs driveshaft and your gold. i may even have one in the garage. have to check tho.

peace

it will work as i have read of people that have done it. but i have also read that people also complained of excess wear in the bearing because of slight binding. get the right drive shaft, they are not hard to come by.

peace

awesome thanks tosh.

if you could take a look in your garage that would be awesome.

is there any way to tell the difference between the two or is it a matter of measuring?

thanks again…

-J

(see you sunday!)

don’t know the exact measurment but i do know the abs driveshaft is about an inch shorter. i will check tomorrow if i still got it. i honestly don’t know, so much shit from 240s and old rollas.

peace