does this pass inspection?

Thats what they are in the process of doing right now. Too many factory 10 and 11 sec rides that dont wanna get cut up

They should just make people sign a waiver of some kind.

They do. Do you read what you sign at LVD? They just dont want dead people littered all over the track…

I actually have never paid attention to it. I just sign it because I have to.

How many instances have you seen where a roll cage couldve helped? I havent seen any. Ive seen a few cars eat the wall but never flip or anything.

A cage will help you when you hit the wall at speed. Helps the structural ridgitiy of the car. Especially if you spin and hit the drivers door. There have been roll overs, just not on weds nights…nothing fast enough to flip usually.

Yea every thing they do is for liability

All it takes is breaking an axle at 70+ to throw you into a wall before you know what the fuck hit you. Shit happens real fast at the strip, and by the time you realize it, more often than not its too late.

Well i’m picking up a bolt in cage today but, I think I am going to weld it in.we’ll see how lazy I get when I go to put it in.

on the other hand you might get by tech at LVD but who are you really cheating…its for your own safety

This is true

bolt and weld it, extra safety never hurts…

Going to put the cage in today,then drag the shell to govel to have it all welded up.

slaps forehead

Cages aren’t just meant for rollovers, despite the term ‘rollcage.’ They protect you from just about any sort of impact possible in auto racing. Notice why at 10, 9, 8, 7 seconds they have different rulles for each second tier? The faster you go, the more points the cgae needs to be welded to the chassis because more shit is possible to go wrong.

And Tony… Chevy didn’t design the car to handle a crash at 200mph, let alone 100mph. No matter that you’re driving, if it doesn’t have a cage, you’re fucked over 120mph+ if you come to a sudden stop.

Two things to remember here:

-The NHSTA (I believe that’s the acronym for the highway safety transportation org) and DOT don’t test for accidents at speeds over 100mph for the reason that 1. It’s illegal to go that fast anyways. 2. Every car would be 500+ lbs more in bracing to handle crashes like that.

-Speed doesn’t kill you… It’s the sudden stop that does.