Don't die, Jaguar

lol @ people who refer to “american/german/asian” engineering :lol:

if you only knew how much stuff wasnt designed in thier respective countries you’d be supprised. I’ve done things from ferrari to ford to VW here… american engineering in the house :stuck_out_tongue:

Ferrari is using Delphi magnetic struts in their upcoming model.

So I heard.

Yeah, what car doesn’t have more “gremlins” in the previous years :gotme:?
I owned a c5 6 speed and while I didn’t like the stock shifter it cost me about $200 for a short shifter and knob which kicked ass. I didn’t like the stock throws, but it wasn’t anything that would make driving unenjoyable. The leaf springs and pushrods are still putting down better performance then in previous years so I don’t really understand why you would change something that works…and really well. Clutch feel? Again, I never had any issues with that. As far as quality issues with my vette, I only had minor issues in the 2 years I owned it. Nothing that would keep me from buying something else. C5 and C6 corvettes are kick ass cars.

Contour (FWD) = Mondeo (AWD) = X-Type (AWD)

it’s a lot easier to make a contour AWD than most other American FWD cars. If you want a bolt-on project that could be a sleeper, this is a good one. if I had the money and the desire to deal with Fords, that would be one project I would do. Yeah, same engine, but different transmission, for obvious reasons.

yes, but if it was the same…wouldnt the x-type be more FWD biased instd of RWD biased? i belive its like a 35-65 split in the x-type

Time to clear up some ignorance…

First, the Corvette doesn’t use “leaf springs” it uses a single transverse composite spring at each end, it’s simple, takes nearly no space, and leaves the engineers more freedom to experiment with suspension geometry. There are no “leaves” in the springs.

Second, the X-type is based on an updated CDW27 , the first version of this was the Contour, Mystique, Cougar. Only 10% of it’s parts were changed for the X-type. This chassis is being replaced by the Mazda designed CD3 chassis (6, Fusion, Milan, Zephyr, Edge) The Mondeo is moving to the “EUCD” platform which we probably will only see here as Volvos and the next Escape.

Continue the crapfest.

Its 40f - 60r but its still based on a FWD platform…

Served.

OMG people have opinions.

This can’t be!

Denounce them at once! :slight_smile:

it is all numbers numbers numbers for you. i used to compare cars via the numbers in the the magazines, and then i finished fifth grade. once you drive a porsche, nothing else compares.

ok ok ok they aren’t “leaf springs” technically. but the design is still unorthodox.

and finally, yes there is something very wrong with pushrods. they should have been gone 20 years ago. OHC is a much better method of opening an closing valves. perhaps we should bring back the mechanical distributor for you guys that love pushrods. LIVE IN THE NOW!!!

you shouldn’t have to buy a short shifter for a company’s flagship sports car.

Oh yes.
Living in the past:

LIVING IN THE NOW!!

Yes the frequently-in-the-shop X-type.

in the past year shes been in the shop once…for an oil change:gotme:

why not?

like I said its not necessary. Just because you can’t handle a car with power doesn’t mean that it’s a bad car. guess what? sports cars (real ones) have a more harsh ride to it. Thats part of performance. A viper is a street legal race car, it’s not going to be comfortable on a 150 mile road trip. A corvette is a slightly more comfortable daily driver, unless you buy the Z06…you know the other street legal race car. Your argument about the leaf springs and pushrods is in fact on the 5th grade level. Why? because it’s like saying that 4cyl engines shouldn’t be put into sports cars because the bigger motors are just flat out a better because they’re more powerful. What works is what works. The numbers are important because they are what the car does in real life. why did you buy a bug? talk about living in past. stick to what you know…bugs.

You are lucky then. And you’ve only changed the oil once in a year?

i had a free oil change so i got it done at the dealership… i did teh rest at my house…haha ur tricky…tryin to catch me…BTW…i asked a few other x-type owners if they had any problems with there cars.and none of them did…i belive one the headlight washer was messed up but nothing big

6 series is soo hot… i deff prefer the hardtop but its soo hot … like godly… its like a longer nosed m3 that felt like working out to sculpt the body… :drool:

i dont care which one of the 3 id have… id be happy with any of them… cuz cmont…
-“so what do you drive”
-“i drive a Bmw 6 Series”
-“what about you?”
-“a fast honda civic”

i mean just that alone… its just the car in general… interior out, engine, technology

errr i dont no how he said the bmw is not good looking :frowning:

“What do you drive?”
“I don’t”
“OMG YOUR LIFE MUST SUCK!”