DOT aproved

im looking at geting a new front fairing for my bike but its not DOT aproved i was wondering if it had to and could any one tell?

You absolutely have to have a “NOT DOT APPROVED” sticker on both sides of the fairing if you plan on running it. That way it’s perfectly legal. The sticker’s area must be over 15in^2, the most broadly used size being 3"x5". I can make you the stickers you need for around $20. Let me know.

:rofl

ok that makes no sence.

Yup.

no but seriously can some one tell me?

Neither do your posts with improper spelling, punctuation and grammar.

ok could some one just tell me please.

You’re fine, just put them on.

Click Here

If it is for my bike, I think front lower or fender should be fine, if front upper make sure it has a cut out for the head light.

Seriously your that dumb and your father rides also and he hasnt smacked you upside your god dam head? Why would you wanna put Non dot approved tire on your bike?
Can i have your home address so i can walk up and Smack some god dam mother fucking Sense into you

You’re blatantly disregarding NYSDOT Laws.

Post/thread reported.

Who said anything about tires? lol

I was wondering that as well.

NON DOT APROVED is just a stamping. Any aftermarket exhaust, wheel, hub, spoke, sprocket, seat, tail light, headlight, windscreen, blinkers… are technically non dot approved… because it isnt stamped.
BUT inspectable, yes it will be fine aslong as the headlight isnt covered and it still has blinkers/reflectors. that’s all you need to worry about. Look at any chopper or custom bike. I doubt that DOT has a fleet of little inspectors to drive all over the globe “approving” bike modifications.

BTW, post up the plastics your getting btw. I am interested to see what it looks like.

ALSOBTW, you need bennys stickers or it aint shit.

No he needs my stickers to pass inspection.

Edited for truth… sorry for the confusion.

What inspection?

Regular yearly inspection?

Nobody will ever look for a DOT sticker on the fairing for that.

Only time it would matter is the re-titling inspection to get off salvage title.

Yes they will.