Downtown Apt. Advice/Suggestions

Can someone please suggest some good places to live downtown or Elmwood Village areas. I noticed alot of new construction/loft apt conversion popping up. Where are some good places to look and is there a managment company to use.

Requirements

Walking distance to shops, bars, places to eat.
Dog friendly
Near a park or large patch of grass
Safe neighborhood
Ample parking

Thanks!!

stay away from the ellicott lofts/IS lofts…

The walls are paper thin, i lived there for 18 months

but thats not in the elmwood village

Any other suggestions??

Elmwood is nice. I am on Ashland and can walk to a bunch of places and lots to do. Places are huge too. My apartment is 2 bedroom and 1400 sq ft. Just make sure you are able to tolerate hipster kids in girl jeans who still play hackey sack and think its cool not to shower.

Was not a fan of downtown living. Too hard to get around and really ghetto. Even the Elk Terminal places are super nice but you walk outside and you are in a shit hole.

What are some good websites to use to find apts? Im using craigslist and Buffalo Management.

I found mine on Craigslist. If you want a complex, apartments.com and stuff are usually ok. If you are looking for a Upper/Lower with a landlord who may live there or you can know, use craigslist.

I knows people on Ashland

Great!

Let me re-phrase the original question. Does anyone know of any good 1-2 bedroom apts. to rent in Buffalo/North Buffalo area? If so please provide info.

No wai! BFFs?

Craigslist and Artvoice were the best tools in finding my Elmwood Village apartment. I literally just put a deposit down a week ago, so this entire process is fresh in my mind.

3 Things:

1. Keep your price range in mind and always factor in utilities. Go to Nat’l Fuels website to get meter readings if gas is not included. On older less efficient places this can really fuck you.

2. Being that the end of the semester is here TONS of places are opening up in June. You picked he right time to look!

3. Elmwood Village will be difficult to find an apt with ample off street parking. Also the village usually commands a higher monthly rent than other places like N. Buff for example. You have to be willing to have some give/take. Figure out what is MOST important to you in your search for an ideal apt.

Good luck man!

ive got a buddy renting a room in his house on mariner st. about 2 houses away from allen.

The place upstairs from me is for rent 850 / month three bedroom stree parking porch queit street…potomac ave ten houses from the cemetery on del. block from happenings…bars resturaunts elmwood village. i think the landlady put it in the paper or artvoice…

http://www.504elmwood.com/ anyone have an info. on this place. I called the leasing agent and left 2 messages. NO response.

---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

Im looking for July 1st move in so that will prob. be gone by then. Keep me posted

---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

Im looking for July 1st move in so that will prob. be gone by then. Keep me posted

Seriously just drive around and look for rent signs. That’s what I did alllll Friday. There are a shit ton.

Find something with off street parking if you value your car at all.

My brother in law loves living around Elmwood and has had one car totaled by some uninsured unlicensed piece of city trash who slammed into his legally parked car, the replacement car seriously damaged by another fine city resident who hit it while legally parked and of course took off, and his girlfriend went out to her car at 10pm one night only to find some asshole sitting in he passengers seat tearing out her stereo. This was all in the course of 3 years. Oh, and his bicycle was stolen out of the upstairs hallway of a 4 unit apartment. All apartments just off Elmwood between Buffalo State and Allentown.

That was 2 years in Buffalo, then an uneventful year renting a North Tonawanda upper in a duplex, then for some stupid reason he went back to Buffalo only to get kicked by the scumbags yet again.

Or if you just don’t want tickets becuase you forget to move your car. Lol.

I currently live in Baltimore City and I know all too well about the dangers of city street parking. In this town if you leave quarters out you’ll get your window smashed. Once I got CD’s stolen out of my car and when the cop came they told me to just leave the doors unlocked so I wouldnt need to keep replacing broken windows haha. I’ve replaced 2 side view mirrors in 3 years. Also during game days (Orioles N Ravens) parking tickets are 75-125 bucks each.

I would love to come up and just drive around but I dont have time.

and then let it get impounded :slight_smile:

I would suggest keeping an eye on the classifieds…Artvoice and Craigslist seem to have most of the listings in the area. Any place that has a for rent sign in front of it is a landlord trying to fill the apt. ASAP and does not usually care who that person is. Therefore many of those apartments will not be in the greatest condition.

A rule of thumb in the village is to stay in the wedge between Linwood and Richmond.

Parking typically comes at a premium.

There is a new building going up on the corner of Elmwood and Bryant I would suggest checking out, should be ready for tenants this summer. You can call them at 716-667-1234.

Also can try checking out

http://www.escllc.com/

Good luck.