Drafty Nissan not suitable for winter

Well I don’t know if it’s just my Altima but it lets in the most road noise and wind noise ever. It actually gets kinda loud and hard to hear my passengers sometimes. Although my 2 month old tires are quieter than my old ones, I still have to crank the radio to hear it over all the noise.

And now the cold weather has made it obvious, the cool drafts, that get into my car while driving. Does anyone have suggestions to get rid of the drafts and the wind noise? Besides replacing all the window/door moulding and weatherstripping. I wouldn’t mind doing something ghetto for the winter just to keep the melted snow and wind out. I found three leaks when I went through a car wash just recently.

Before replacing anything, try to “recondition” the rubber mouldings, etc. You could try something like Meguiar’s #40 Vinyl & Rubber Protectant or even a silicone spray, which will moisten the rubber and may help it seal better.

If your air/water leaks are around the doors, then they may simply need to be re-adjusted. FSM will tell you how, or contact a bodyshop like Sumaru’s.

Also check for missing grommets on the firewall.

Thanks!
Cory.

yah I got similer problems but then again it could be because I have a convertable. :?

I hate sunroofs …soo drafty …