Winter Plans For Your Car?

Hey guys.

So what’s everyone got in mind for there cars over the winter? I guess this mainly applys to people who are storing, not driving :wink: . So since I’m driving (got no choice :frowning: ) I’ll only be doing little things but I was curious to know if anyone has some winter projects that will be starting up.

Well let everyone know.

Cheers :cool:

Bruce, I have a fiew things in mind, GTR Wing, was LOOKING for a R34 front end kit, but since no one can help me out on that one…(N), so I guess I have nothing to really look forward to over winter months, except waiting for the snow to melt!!! But will end up possibly doing Swap, Spray, and just upgrade suspension…

Come on Bruce, your telling me you have NOTHING left to do to your car over winter months? hahaha

^^^

Well I may have a couple of things but they are’nt for sure yet. Thats why I’m not saying :wink: . Once I know it’s for sure, I’ll be happy to let you and the other guys know.

lol. yeh i have no choice in driving it. getting sr20 s15 front end and most is still deciding on it :slight_smile:

lets see, install bigger “new” turbo, swap motors back to original one, install new tomei head gasket, arp studs, install all new powdercoated items, shim diff, remove hicas subframe, replace with pink powdercoated non-hicas unit, solid mount subframe, etc etc etc.

Car will be sold in june or july to make room for new toys.

I wouldn’t go s15, it’s getting overplayed. :wink:

Do a skyline front end conversion.

I’ll be getting a new toy to work on over the winter, hopefully it will be out to play in the spring. :cool:

my winter plans are to part my car out and give up on cars

jealous?

hahaha, your never gona give up on cars man, who you kiddin :stuck_out_tongue: .

put in my new motor and hope it works lol.

lmao…

yeh its not that tho i like the look of the front haha… only reason looks sexy

my winter plans if i had a car would be to store it and work on it until next drift season and thats the raw truth :stuck_out_tongue:

my plans… sell my s13’s and never get another one, lol. an s14 would be nice… an FD would be better, lol

you’re selling s13’s??? any pix of them???

Winter plans for the car aside from storage are: sob, sob, and sob some more. I JUST bought her, and I already have to put 'er away before the salt season starts. :frowning: I know the Z33 has an aluminum frame that won’t rust, but I just can’t bear to have that gorgeous body be subjected to salt.

Oh, and a suspension replacement is on the way. Likely Nismo S-tune with Hotchkis sways :smiley:

^^ Sweet!! Mind telling me how much you got the S-tune for? It’s the same price as coilovers and has no adjustability!!

As for winter driving, even thought the aluminum frame won’t rust, but here’s what I found out sometimes ago when I looked under the car, (note: previous owner winter drove it for 2 winters). All the bolts and some suspension rods (tc rods i believe?) are rusted. Springs and shocks and other aluminum parts are ok. Surprisingly, the only bolts that didn’t rust is in the engine bay, the little green ones which I think Nissan galvanized.

My plans… I’m winter driving it, lol… =(

I said LIKELY, lol. I don’t have the suspension yet. And I know it has no adjustability, but that’s no issue for me. I’ll use the adjustability of the sway bars to stiffen the ride. I just want a mild drop, and mild improvement in handling and road manners from the suspension, and the S-tune fits the bill. :R

As for the other stuff you mentioned about rusting, yeah, I know about those, too. None appears ro have rusted out on this car, but I’ll be keeping my eye out.

yes i’m selling s13’s lol, and no i don’t have pics of them at the moment

the 240 is my daily driver, alrdy bought a set of winter tire for it(not mounted yet)
and still saving up
hopefully by the end of spring/begining of summer, i’ll finish the SR swap, get the suspension done(planning Kyb AGX, and no idea on wat springs yet)
maybe new rims and tires for 07’ track season…

My plans are to do a 1’27 at mosport on RA-1s, 1’25’s (eat viper comp coupes) on slicks. Think it can be done? Nobody knows for sure but i’m going to find out.

Oh, and thats without going much above 300whp because power = unreliability