Drag racing crash on Transit last night

well put. rip.
condolences to friends and family.

RIP

He only had the car for 2 days? It’s always such a horrible tragedy when young people loose their lives.

As for the neon driver, I really hope is isn’t crucified.
I mean, yah, he should receive a ticket, EVEN though there was NO proof he was racing.
I’m sure he was leading the race, and I bet he wasn’t looking in his rear view (his view was probably blocked by the wing,lolz)
I just know how people are in time of tragedy and I know his family and friends will need a scape goat to have closure, but I hope his family has respect for this kid in the neon and realize it was in fact their son in the wrong.

I honestly feel more for the kid who was in the neon, because, now he is alive and well and I bet he is feeling MORE guilt than any other person. The accident is over and nothing can be done now for the people who were lost.
I hope everyone can move on and not bring more pain to the kid in the neon.

feel worse for the kid in the neon ? are you shitting me ?

thats like crying for the little girl who burnt her finger … while lighting the match that burnt down the house and killed the rest of the family

hes got guilt, GOOD, doing stupid shit sometimes has bad consequences, and those bad consequences carry GUILT with them. cry me a fucking river

i feel no sympathy for the neon driver, as hes the one that made it out of this alive

He didn’t cause the kid to crash, no offence to anyone who was friends with him, but it was HIS and HIS only stupidity. It was his 3rd day owning the car so I know he initiated the race.
I bet 90% of the people on here, if someone else initiated a race they would follow through.
I feel horrible for his and hers family and friends, but with a tragedy like this, you know people are going to place wrongful blame on the other kid who did nothing wrong

it takes two cars to illegaly street race to triple digit speeds on a residential street

your “he did nothing wrong” logic fails horribly

I was using “nothing wrong” loosley.

He was doing something wrong. BUT, no one has ANY proof he was racing.
The average person hears a loud car accelerating fast and automatically thinks there is racing going on.
The kid in the neon did NOTHING to cause the accident,unless he actually made contact with the mustang

And you thinking he killed them is more correct?

What exactly do you think is good punishment for the other driver?

He should be let off and his name should not be released.

There is NO physical proof that he was racing.

Only thing I could see is leaving the scene of an accident. But he wasn’t involved and he was already past the accident.

Quoted for truth. As long as he didn’t make contact with the mustang.

i didnt say he killed them, im saying he was involved in an illegal activity, and the illegal activity caused deaths

so hes ASSOCIATED with their deaths, but not the direct cause of their death

-he should be fined for everything the cops can properly throw at him
-he should have to do a very large amount of comunity service
-maybe a restricted license for the summer

and physical evidence isn’t needed, he was seen and im sure he ADMITTED on record what happened at the police station.

but im sure theres some fresh tire marks at the red light if they REALLY want some physical evidence

He shouldnt get fined for shit.It should be across the board wether someone died or not for street racing then.If there was contact with the other car it would be different.Its not his fault the kid couldnt control his car.

saw the news the other night, its def a Mach1. they said he just bought the car, so im willing to bet its the one that was FS at Basil not long ago, and if so, my gf test drove that car and damn near bought it a couple weeks ago. freaky.

i could go into why all the people saying a cage would have saved these people, are wrong, but it doesnt matter.

If the driver of the Neon didn’t make contact with the Mustang, he should not receive anything more than tickets for speeding, illegal street racing, ect. Unless they can prove there was contact, I doubt anything would hold up in court.

Suggesting any punishment worse than that is misplaced anger and you are not fully understanding the situation. You said yourself it takes two to race, no one forced Mark to race his new rear-wheel-drive V8 stick shift car with his girlfriend in the passenger seat.

Angry much? and FYI there is no tire marks anywhere in front of NOCO that I had seen. Food for thought.

Following your logic, that telephone pole should also be taking down and fined for being involved in a illegal street race, and causing an accident and being illegally parked.

(sounds dumber than I mean it to, just using it as a point)

also, lets say YOU (HRK) are roll racing someone on the 219. You don’t even know the other kid, but you guys take off…a deer runs infront of you, you avoid it but the other kid hits it.
NOW, should YOU be liable for the other kids damage/death? NO! it’s not your fault, it’s HIS.

The fact stands. No one BUT MARC pushed that gas pedal and shifted the gears. It’s a shitty outcome and no one deserves to die at that age. There is nothing anyone can do to change it. The neon driver did not cause the crash and did not force the other driver to go. Worse case scenario is the neon driver gets a speeding ticket which he might deserve, and I am fairly sure that if he did cause the wreck the police would not have let him go.

/story

I guess it would also depend on if the race was setup in advance or did they just happen to roll up next to each other at the light and take off.
If the race was setup in advance whoever was involved in the set up of the illegal activity would bear some responsibility for the accident; even people that were not racing. If they just happened to roll up a light and go at it then I am not sure how much responsibility, if any, the other driver should bear.

I agree, but he shouldn’t receive a speeding ticket, the only violation he is GULITY of is leaving the scene of an accident