Drag racing crash on Transit last night

i saw the story on the news and immediately jumped on here to see if it was someone I knew.

RIP

what incentive does the other driver have?
To face criminal charges and possibly do hard time?
While it is a tragedy and a shame it takes two to tango
The fact the Mustang lost control so badly I wonder if he didnt incur some sort of mechanical failure…

Most of us have street raced at some point or another, put yourself in the Neons position

If I were him I would have stopped at the scene, at this point theres nothing he can do except become the target of rage and blame …

i doubt that steve…if i pulled up next to you on the 400 and slowed down to 40mph…you’d run

RIP…this really sucks…and I feel sorry for the families because of this douche. Any word on the “black neon” he was racing?

Car and Driver December 2002 .
mach 1 0-30 2.0, 0-60 5.2, 0-120 19.5, 1/4 mile 14.0a 103 , top speed 151.

maybe i missed it but who exactly said he was “racing” a neon…a person passing by or someone standing right there? im just too lazy to read the whole article…if they were driving by and saw them racing its gonna be kinda hard to see the 2 cars…could have been a civic for all they knew…if they were sitting right there and watched the 2 race, then nevermind…

RIP to both, Went to school with the girl and she lived on the street right behind. Also saw the bf always driving over to the house in his blazer when I lived back at home. Its a shitty thing that this had to happen.

do you guys think the town will go after his insurance company to pay for the pole and damage?

Also, I wonder if the police delivered his traffic tickets to him in the hospital, thinking he would live.

The Neon could only be guilty of reckless driving, unsafe start, speeding etc. The neon wasn’t the one that lost control of the car or killed those people.

why is everyone pussy hurt? it was his own fault…no one elses

so that would make it his problem and not ours

I remember hearing/reading that if you are part of a race in some states you can be charged with manslaughter, etc.

random searches for what lol?

is there a fleck of blue paint anywhere in your car?

I do recall awhile ago, there was an accident and the other party stayed behind and got thrown in jail for potential manslaugher charges. But most people wanted to know why he was thrown in jail, mostly because we didn’t know any of the people involved.

Here it’s the opposite, the problem is we may never know what exactly happened besides the fact that two people died way too early in their lives.

Eh, you know they’re going to spin it some way and try to charge them with manslaughter…not to mention possible civil suits.

I agree that it wasn’t his fault and the worst thing he should get is a street racing ticket. I don’t think he could get a leaving the scene since he wasn’t involved in the accident…with the car ripping apart like that there wasn’t much he’d be able to do anyways.

R.I.P

it’s lancaster police, they have nothing better to do.

RIP Mark and Mel

not in the least…because you know damn well half the people posting up how stupid street racing is in this thread will be in the >/< thread, posting kill stories, and probably in numerous videos before the season is over…lots of hypocrites on here…

it sucks to hear, and yeah i agree going that fast on a road like transit is dumb, but i’m not going to sit here and lie to myself and everybody else by saying that i won’t get on it every now and then, especially if taunted by a fellow motorist…i just know better than to go speeds like that on a road like transit with so many people around all the time, so many lights, etc etc…

If I were the other driver I’d be talking to a lawyer ASAP and getting REAL legal advice.

AKA, if you’re on here, don’t listen to internet Law and Order watching wannabe lawyers on this one. This isn’t some speeding ticket where taking the advice of internet idiots isn’t a big deal even if they steer you wrong.

Chances are the police will piece together who the other driver is after an accident this bad. If anyone got a partial plate # expect a knock on the door. That conversation will go a lot better if you’ve already had a lawyer explain exactly what to say. More than likely a lawyer is going to tell you not to say a word to the police without a lawyer present.

As long as there are cars, there will be street racing of some sort, but to do it somewhere like transit road, going speeds where you can’t control your car, and with your gf in the car with you. Dumb… just dumb. Testosterone got the better of him, and shit happened. RIP

REAL TALK