Drifting with different size rims/tires.

so i got 2 sets of rims, stockers and my volks. Is it ok to run the stockers in the rear with diff tires than the 17" volks in front? or will i fuck up something bad? its easier to find tires for my stockers. and no they probably wont be the same size diamter front and back. This also goes for a thicker tire in the rear with the volks. Say 215/40/R17 up front and 215/55/17 in back.

you should be fine most people do not have the same tire size front and rear when they drift.

You wont have any problems, this isnt a 4wd where the circumfrence has to be equal all around.

I had 16s on the front all last season with 15s out back and intend to run 17s up front this season. The only thing I’m picky about is the rolling radius as drastically different sizes in the back screw with acceleration and overall balance when you’re drifting.

the sidewall on your stock wheels/tires i huge compared to on your rims…they are probly the same size over all

^^ hahah this is true with my setup as well… my stocker 15" w/huge sidewall are almost as big as my 17’s w/rubber

good to know. 17" rubber, even used, is expensive.

there is a guy on here selling four 215/55/17 for $150. sidewall might be too big for the front, but might fit for rear only?

i get 17 inch tires for freeeeee lol scrap pile at work ftw!

worked for me…

---------------------------------------------/

Drifting on stock wheels is hard gay…lol…sure you can do it…but it’s sure as hell not competetive…

you’re right about it not being competative… depends on the event though. If its just a practice day, their is no reason not to use steelies. Finances, or lack thereof, are usually what limit people in thier choice of wheels and tires for drifting…

Work more.

LOL, I’m not saying that I’m in that boat (I have 4 17’s and 4 18s that I use for drift), I’m just trying to exemplify a situation others tend to face when they are starting out… :wink:

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e15/zzero1/n503762315_6721_5402.jpg