Drifting

stay outta york region with that shit

that is all

bay kin alert

this thread = hotrodstu x2

Lol. It’s true, my signature is pretty ghey but w.e lol…and no im not a narc, just a kid tryna find out how to get started. thnx team <da> and keez for actually somewhat taking me seriously. It seems u cant ask any questions about drifting or anything like that without getting labelled a ricer or some kind of fast and the furious worshiper.I just came to son thinkin there would be people glad to help a kid like me get started but Whatever though. Fuck it…ill learn on my own i guess. hopefully somebody who’s willing to help those who are just gettin started will post with some helpful info. once again thnk u keez and team<da>…

Get a roll cage, fire suite and a helmet, all the rest isn’t important also get a good job.

BIIIIIIIIIIIIIG parking lot and 50 pilons… thats how i used to kill night in my s13…

or save money and go2 cayuga like everyone else does… i couldnt… cause i used to spend $80 on tires and full tank of gas every day or 2 days (if it rained).
in a limitted space like parking lot… its better to do it with clutch to get your drift going… i tried to do a braking drift and ended up nailing the curb pretty damn hard… costed me a spindle, ball bearing, tension bar, control arm on my 1st night in s13…

dont need a big 300hp to f around in a parking lot… stock sr20 is more then good enough to learn… atleast on my side of learning…

just make your self a 8 looking track with 50~60 pilons… and try to stay in that lane… plus if you use pilons you get to have fun at the end of the day collecting pilons by plowing then with your bumper… one time i collected 10 in a row… after that it went south dou…

I was told :smiley: if you play with that 8 track with 50 pilons for 3~4 days… you should be able to drift a onramp with simple clutch drop… after your really confident with that clutch drop momentom… then try coming into the corner faster then what you ll normaly do and try to start a drift by braking on it. and as you feel your losing out on your drift momentom shift it down and play with your foot.

Also go out the meets, ask questions, make some friends to go to the track with, there are a hand full of people that will be happy to give you some serious insight…

yeah but track is $$$$$$$$.

im not saing track sucks… i would love to kill it on track everyday if i had money to spend… but as for a noob like me and him… 50 pilons in parking lot doing continues figuer 8 should get him going to understand how it works… cause figuer 8 could get reallly tuff after 2 8’s

what would the cops do if they rolled up on you running a lil’ drift op in ur local parking lot?

you could argue it’s private property and that you cant be charged without the property owners request/approval…but im sure the cops would just charge you on the spot (with stunting or dangerous driving im sure) and contact the property owner later about pressing charges. and when the owner finds out the charges are in regards to some kid doing donuts in thier parking lot they’d surely go ahead with the charges.

it seems you can only practice drifiting legally if it is YOUR property…

Track day September 13th! Come out and i’ll take ya for a spin =)

i dunno…you can pay for 10 track days at 100 bux a pop OR get caught on the street and have just your insurance alone go up more than that.

you will learn 10x more at a track than a single street drift session. Plus, parking lot drifting is gay.

Hey blade if ur SERIOUS then i’ll without a doubt come out to that event. My only problem is, I hate asking people too much shit cuz then I feel like I’m annoyin them…lol i dont kno that might be just me… i feel awkward just goin up to random people and asking them shit…like who am i? you get me? But any who, where im from there arent any big parking lots (that i know of) to set up a whole mini track to practice on…on top of that my car is fuckin loud (3 inch straight pipe on a stock KA…lol) so i wouldnt be able to stick around long enough to pick up 5 pilons let alone 50 lol…pigs would be on my ass in a hurry…fuckin hear me from miles away lol. but ye i would love to come out to an event. I don’t know how to get to these places tho lol like shannonville. I know cayuga, ive been to cscs a couple times but thats about it. how often do these events happen? and can i get an address for the September 13th event? ill map quest it and see if my directionally challenged self can find my way.

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

Team<da>…ill try the whole meet thing…but approachin random dudes to ask them questions isnt really my strong suit lol…i find i come off as annoyin…nvr been told that but i feel like it.

if you are serious about wanting to learn about drifting and where to do it i have no problem meeting up with you, since i live in Brampton as well

That would be great! Really an truly that would be above awesome. Lemme know

try to copy this guy >>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ah-dMralXI
lol cant believe nobody mentioned this

ps anybody want to take me to shannonville with them on the 13th
will pitch in for gas and/or can drive an extra car if necessary
let me know as i dont have a car on the road atm

If your gonna try, make sure there are NO curbs around, trust me.
and use your clutch to drift.

Just watch Initial D.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q274/hacknik/bertstare.jpg

well if you read the thread like the rest of us do, you would realize that yes he is serious about wanting to learn how to drift. is there no point in time where you wanted to learn something and asked on the forums?

thank you sherlock…some of these dudes…it’s like they have nuttin better to do but try to bag on people. Like…u guys arent funny…if u cant help me then bounce. and for all of you who are trying to help me. Thank you…i really mean that.