drivetrain noise

If it’s what happened to my bros, a needle bearing. However, we replaced it, and a week later the same needle bearing blew. So there must be another shot bearing causing the one needle bearing to blow. However, same symptom, wheel hop gave it a whirrrrr. It drove perfectly fine, but that bearing was fucked. He just said fuck it and bought a new tranny.

I was going to mention this as well but was unsure if this was the cause of your brothers failure. Didnt he hear the noise all the time ? Meaning whether the car was moving or not?

hmm i was hoping it wouldn’t be the tranny itself lol andy would u wanna go for a ride sometime to see if its the same noise/symptom ?

I doubt its a driveshaft issue…Probbley diff or bearing.

yeah we could do that.

And Don, yeah, it was only when the car was moving. Clutch in - no noise, clutch out in nuetral - no noise (I think), Driving - noise. But drove absolutely perfect. I actually have a question, what gear oil did you use in the tranny?

when you say ( driving - noise) do you mean while accelerating too? mine only does it on decel. the tranny has Neo (i’m pretty sure thats the name) fluid in it, it was recommened on the rx7 boards. like your sayin tho, the car drives fine, just the noise on decel

i’ll let u know once this ecu comes back so you can check it out firsthand. on a side note, i did find a trans with 70k on it for $375 shipped, no grinds etc… i’m thinking at that price its worth just to have anyways, worst case i can sell it for that ( until that one was posted i kept seeing $400-500 plus $100-150 shipping)

why not throw it on the dyno and listen for the problem?