Transmission problem

Sometimes it makes a sound like something is banging around in the trans. It still grips fine and I have no problem putting it into gears. But when I decelerate it always sounds like “I donno… a brick scraping against cement sound.” Hard to explain. it is defiantly coming from the trans, and sometimes when I decelerate I get the banging around sound as well. Now, this happens in almost every gear. 1-3rd is prity bad, 4th is the least amount of noise, But in fith gear, it is the loudest possible gridding sound I’ve ever heard coming from a car, it goes into fifth fine, it just makes horrible sounds once it is in it.

Ideas? I’m taking the Trans out tomorrow or by the end of the week, I just need an idea on specifics. Thanks.
P.s throw out bearing is new and i have lifted the car on a hoist and nothing is loose out side of the trans.

prolly separated the front cover inside the bellhousing

so it grinds when it is in gear? or is it grinding going into gear?

does it make a sound with the clutch out in neutral, if so it would be a input shaft bearing

Yea it makes a sound in neutural, put the clutch in and that goes away, Well it used to, now something is ratleing around in there aswell. No it dosn’t gind going into gear I can be in fith, but once i press the gass, It’s not the typical grind that you would hear from syncromesh, it’s far far more bangy.

so posible bellhouseing cover and input shaft bearing… hopfully ill be able to tell you guys tonight. Thanks.

I had the flywheel bolts come loose on me and grind up on the disc once…made some reall horrid grinding/ clunking noises and luckily no damage at all. It was random at times when the grinding would happen. If i remember it was every time i shifted and the rpms were coming down for that next gear thats when the noise would be the worse.

Well i dont know what the problem is yet, I assume the barings., I changed the trans cause i had one laying around, now and the problem is gone. Much metal came out when drained the oil though.

But I have a slight other problem. I did something stupid and forgot to put that freakin little pin thing on the fork, I realized after I put everything back together.
Has anyone changed the fork without taking the transmission out before?

learning in Reeds class i see… haha nice

So answer to my question is, No, you can not take the fork out unless the trany is out…

ok i have an auto and i seem to be having some noise coming out front of the engine, like around the water pump area. but my water pump is fresh, less then 2000km on it. i just wanted to see what it would do from a roll so i stomped on the gas. after i decelerated i heard weird noises, at lot of grinding, when i felt the shifter i can feel some grinds in it as well. wasn’t acting right. just a thought, do it sound like this? sry is 3g2 file, camed from my phone…

http://rapidshare.com/files/297536203/1024092328a.3g2.html