driving new car 500 miles on interstate. any precautions i should take?

For all you ppl that tape your cars on long road trips … You do realize that all the road debris, rocks, and bugs don’t disappear when you bring the car home and remove the tape right ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The last time I did this was 8 years ago. There won’t be a next time, lol.

If it makes you feel better, on the return trip I didn’t re-tape the bumper :slight_smile:

Lol @ this thread.

This was my immediate thought.

Followed by “who would buy a car they don’t drive? That’s like buying an electric razor you won’t shave with.”

I was more confused about buying a car you’re not going to drive but driving the car 200+ miles

Kind of fitting that this popped up on my facebook feed this morning…

I’m sorry, but having an Aston Martin DB9 on the drive and not driving it is a bit like having Keira Knightley in your bed and sleeping on the couch. - Jeremy Clarkson

Lol I do plan on driving the car but only like a thousand miles a year or so. and once you get enough wax on the front of the car it will ever hardly chip. When I had my 94 anniversary Trans Am it had 70,000 miles on it, original paint and had like two chips on the whole car. And it’s not going to be a shrine car just a very rare car that shouldn’t really depreciate in
value with the low miles that will be saved and stored properly. And if I can spend 5-10 minutes at the dealership to guarantee there won’t be any chips on the Thruway I find no problem with that.

WHAT IS IT?

91 cavalier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Claybar will get rid of bugs…

I’m surprised the mayor of grand island couldn’t work his magic and get it shipped for free

Recommended precaution number 1, be on the lookout for stationary objects.

$25 in tape + ~10 minutes of applying/removing it sure is a lot more than 0$ and ~10 minutes of spraying/drying. Not to mention your car doesn’t look like you just plowed through a group of smurfs.

I think it’s a bit silly, (And I’ve even done it in the past so I definitely know it’s more of a pain than it’s worth) but if it gives someone the peace of mind they want then gopher it. :tup:

EDIT - but if you REALLY want to be safe.