trying to find out how to protect front end of car

I’m going on a 18hr drive and is there something I can buy or wat not to put on the front end to protect it from the bugs and rock chips…I seen some people use blue tape from the sun will it get stuck?

no. just buy painters tape if its a problem

Painters tape works perfectly.

I jus don’t want the tape to get stuck to the car or rip paint off

That’s why it’s called painters tape… so it doesn’t leave behind adhesive or stick too much :wink:

Thank u guys for the advise I will take a pic of my artwork of painters tape on the car lol

whatd you buy?

3m invisible mask

I’m amazed at how dedicated people are to painters tape. Seriously, tape is supposed to prevent a rock from chipping the paint? If it can break the surface of paint I can’t imagine it doing much to help…

Bugs…wash em off when you reach your destination.

Painters tape doesn’t really protect against rock chips well… At least big ones… Duplicolo made a spray on clear bra for road trips, it protected against grime and bugs, not stone chips though

only a bra can really protect against rock chips.

i just got my bumper repainted and am planning a cross-country drive home. its gay, but ill be using a bra the entire time.

I’d also think the bar would be a better defense against rocks. They are only super horrible if you leave them on. I suppose you could do painters tape, then a bra if you were worried about scratches.

oooor just layer on the painters tape.
or wrap some foam around it covered in painters tape?

bubble wrap it! :wink:

i used painters tape on my cross country adventure and arrived home with the paint still in perfect condition.

yea… but it probably would have been fine without the tape…

any serious stone is going to hit the tape just as hard… the tape isnt going to do anything to protect against that…

Its only going to protect against bugs and dirt…