Driving Through Traffic in Iraq

lol

“Oncoming lane?”

Doing what they gotta do, I thought he was gentle on some of them. You can hear the horn blaring -“move!” It’s not like it’s a 4 ton diesel HMMWV bristling with machine guns or anything :roll:

that is why i fly.

I agree with that 100%. What I am saying is that if we had say the Russian military here doing the same thing and that happened like oh I don’t know about 20 times…I wouldn’t really care why they were doing it just the fact that they are damaging my property I worked hard for and disrupting my life. That is just how I would see it. As an American I support our troops and what they have to do because in the end they are doing it and I am not and they are following orders not on vacation.

My point is that it would bother me after a while and resentment would build.

Theres always multiple points of view to everything.

i didnt disagree with you i disagreed with zong

I don’t know, but Americans are easily pissed off. Combine that with road rage and the general hatred and and disrespect some people have towards authority…
i.e. people getting worked up and hating “pigs” for pulling them over when they actually were breaking a law, etc., vs. soldiers from another country ramming these same people for what they’d see as no reason at all. I’m not sure if Americans would act any worse or better if the situation were reversed.

i see where your comeing from, but if it was survival i would have no second thought to do the same. i dont think we as a country are like them at all. you dont see americans blowing bombs off and having sucide bombers run up on you.

Oh of course, Hell if I were driving that damn humvee I think I’d be going twice as fast.

The majority of Americans are probably tame enough not to do anything crazy, especially if they think that the resident military is trying to do good for the country, but what you have to remember is that it’s not the majority of Iraqis who are bombing and sniping either…

In a way yes. Not in modern day but it was called the Revolutionary War.

I think once thing that people have not realized is that we are Americans, Africans, Asian, Europeans by maps and international boundries.

We are all humans and we all react similarly when put in similar situations. It all depends on the PERSON not what country they are from.

But we do like ramming shit, no matter where we orignally came from, once your an american, Its time to hit things with large objects, blow them up or shoot them. Its the american way.

Bingo…

And to those thinking this is not right, my buddy informed me that their SOP (standard operating procedure) before when his Humvee wasn’t 100% bulletproof was to drive with the window down and his side arm cocked, loaded and with authority to fire on anybody that approches the open window within 5 feet.

He said he had no confirmed from it, but would go through a clip or 2 every outing because of people running up to the vehicle. Now how scary would that be, knowing of suicide bombers, etc. and they are running to your vehicle.

He also told me that alot of times they have ground troops behind them and an IED went off right behind them and took out 3 guys. To me a little bit of ramming in traffic that is a potential bomb threat itself is ok.

Yeah but you can not honestly compare them to us. They blow eachother up like it was a game or something. “wow, Akmed got 11 yesterday, I am gonna try for 15…lets see if I can beat the record”. Their mentality towards human life is completely differant than ours. If I was in their shoes, I would not be like “these assholes are going to ram me if I dont move, but fuck them, I’m not moving!”. Hell no, I would gtf out of the way asap. They (US military) are trying not to get blown up, it is perfectly understandable to drive like that in that situation when you can not tell the differance betweem friend and doe.

Sigh.

JEG READ THE REST OF THE DAMN THREAD BEFORE YOU POST.

i don’t know where those guys were but we cleared traffic a lot different.
for starters i had a loud ass siren. if they didn’t hear it they were asking for it.
there were warning shots next if they didn’t hear the siren they hear the rat tat tat and saw the tracers.
after that there were bullets into the engine block and tires and the driver to stop that vehicle.

there was no way in fuck i’m letting any car get that close to me as those dumb asses did. FUCK THAT.

i never had to hit cars… with my vheicle… if i did they were having trouble breathing by the time they got that close.

those soldiers were not doing shit the right way IMHO … maybe they hadden’t lost anyone yet … maybe they were new in country … i don’t know but fuck the way they were doing it

FYI is is the rule they do pull over for us. i matter more than they do.

bottom line

your life > their cars

my life > their life

“wow, Akmed got 11 yesterday, I am gonna try for 15…lets see if I can beat the record”.

lmfao thats funny

lmfao thats funny