Drones

That’s incredible

Good review of the Skydio 2. I’d buy this in a heartbeat if it was waterproof to get some amazing skiing shots.

1 Like

Not bad

I want to see a Mr Steel vs that laser targeting system video. My money is on Steel.

Couldn’t fly the Larva X in the winter because all the electronics are exposed and if it goes down in the snow the boards are hot enough to instantly melt the snow and then short out. Plus one snowless day in Dec at Bassett park I was doing circuits around the walking path and side slid hard into a bush and ripped the wires clean out of one of my motors. Ordered the upgrade kit with the new frame and slightly hotter motors and it’s just sat ever since.

Fast forward to being locked in my house and decided to tear it down and swap all the components to the new frame with the 4 new motors. Been a while flying outside with wind and lot more power than my tiny indoor quad but it came back pretty fast. Other than hitting the tree at 0:50. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Man I was just thinking of going out to fly mine because who’s going to stop me, lol.

Getting better at this.

1 Like

Had me nervous in a few spots there, lol. I would have LOL’ed if you had crashed into yourself :upside_down_face:

Watching the replay the only really risky one was where I JUST cleared that teak drink cart going over the pool. Had I clipped it at that speed the crash likely would have ended up in the pool and fried all the electronics. All the other stuff I got close to (like that near miss on my neighbors basketball hoop) worst case I might have broke a part but it would have been a cheap fix.

And yes, I’ve come way to close to crashing it into myself a few times. One I felt it move my hair.

Acro mode enabled.

1 Like

Haven’t posted a video in a bit because I had an unfortunate run in with a puddle that shorted out the DVR on the quad. Got my replacement Diamond VTX last week ($15) and today was the first day I got a chance to fly.

Tried flying with some music playing tonight.

1 Like

Figured I’d toss this up here…

I’m selling my DJI Mavic Mini with a ton of extra stuff, looking to upgrade to the Mavic 2 or Mavic Pro.

I’d be willing to give an NYSpeed discount, but not looking to give away. If it doesn’t sell then I’ll just continue to fly it.

I’ve been looking still, and may still go the ‘fun’ drone route, but I had my eye on the Mavic mini… the problem with your price, and believe me no disrespect i see the extra stuff included… it’s just I don’t need the extra stuff and the new fly more bundle is $499.

PM me the best you are willing to do. I will consider it!

DJI’s new commercial drone looks really impressive.

1 Like

Are we almost there?

http://metro-skyways.com/cityhawk.html

Looks neat and in the right direction but kind of curious how it stabilizes itself from side to side. I did a quick skim through the site so if it made a mention, I missed it. But it would need some stabilization on the sides I’d figure.

Coaxial rotors. You can kind of make them out in the top-down view.

1 Like

After I posted I started thinking about that. Makes more sense. To turn, one set slows and the faster rotation turns it. I should have realized due to my first rc heli having that design with no tail rotor.

Drones and drifting

1 Like

That was seriously impressive.