dude found innocent after 35 years

mad fucked up shit

http://thisis50.com/profiles/blogs/imagine-being-locked-up-35

:facepalm

James Bain used a cell phone for the first time Thursday, calling his elderly mother to tell her he had been freed after 35 years behind bars for a crime he did not commit. Mobile devices didn’t exist in 1974, the year he was sentenced to life in prison for kidnapping a 9-year-old boy and raping him in a nearby field. Neither did the sophisticated DNA testing that officials more recently used to determine he could not have been the rapist.

As Bain walked out of the Polk County courthouse Thursday, wearing a black T-shirt that said “not guilty,” he spoke of his deep faith and said he does not harbor any anger. “No, I’m not angry,” he said. “Because I’ve got God.” The 54-year-old said he looks forward to eating fried turkey and drinking Dr Pepper. He said he also hopes to go back to school. Friends and family surrounded him as he left the courthouse after Judge James Yancey ordered him freed. His 77-year-old mother, who is in poor health, preferred to wait for him at home. With a broad smile, he said he looks forward to spending time with her and the rest of his family.

“That’s the most important thing in my life right now, besides God,” he said. Earlier, the courtroom erupted in applause after Yancey ruled.

“Mr. Bain, I’m now signing the order,”
Yancey said. “You’re a free man. Congratulations.”

Do they get some sort of monetary settlement/support? I’d want MILLIONS for crap like that.

Sucks that his life was pretty much ruined like that.

states do give out money, some give out a TON of money as they should. They will give X amount of dollars per years wrongfully spent in prison

the worst part is not only was he in prison but you know it was HORRIBLE because they treat child abusers like shit… (as they should) but in this case it sucks…

you realize the “state” is you…and your pocket …right? just saying… not arguing… Id want cake too…for life

The cake is a lie.

This kinda stuff happens a bit more than ya think. Pretty nuts!

And thattttss why I don’t support the death penalty

wow, that is rediculous, his whole life was wasted behind bars. Unreal. good thing we can have DNA evidence nowadays, instead of having to rely on Lawyers and Jurys

ROFL:rofl

noone is innocent in any way shape or form …

In Texas if a person is incarcerated then found to be innocent of the alleged crime, they are reimbursed $80K per year spent in prison plus an additional $30-$50k per year in other areas. I watched an episode on Discovery where a man walked away from prison with a $2 million dollar settlement.

The only thing to come out of Texas are…

…wait…wat? Really? I dont know if that is worth the abuse he probably took on the inside but I am sure it helped.

thats great but doesnt change that his life was ruined, u know how his friends and family must of felt, when they heared he was locked up for that kinda crime… wow

Obduction and rape doesnt get you a death penalty. But i know what your saying.

This guy was 19 when he got put away. Look at it this way, he only was able to spend 19 years of his life normally. 19 you got a hs diploma. no college I assume at that age. a few years work expierence under your belt. Now he has no money, no job, and no settlement? Cant afford to go to school. Cant get a job becasue he has no education, no job expierence. You go to an interview and they ask well I see you havnt worked in 35 years? Yeah I was in jail. But i didnt do it. Yeah you will be hired!

It is one thing to be free, but as I see it unless he gets some money back from the state, the fed gov, our pockets if you want to call it that… this guys life is straight fucked.

but hey atlease he has god to help him get a job and get a life back on track. :retardclap

hell be back in jail soon, most people that spend more than 10 yrs in prison wind back in within 1-2 yrs

I tend to think that is tru for the people who were GUILTY and went to jail for 10+ years for shit they actually did that was awefull prior to.

yea thats true, but what do u have when u get out when uve been inside for more than half ur life… nothing, and they’re use to living surrounded by concrete and metal bars

Yeah but he has God to help he will be good to go.