DumpyRide NO MORE. Sti gets what it deserves!

this pic has me scared for the new owner… awfully close placement of HOT exhaust parts to PS lines… you all know how that shit ends up…

BOOOM! CARSS ON FIRE !!! BOOM !!! FAIL

yeah something like that…

the fact that you still have the record for neg rep points kinda makes me laugh a little

im fucking infamous lol

as much as it kills me to say this, but im going to agree with this dude

relax gentlemen. the lines arent even mounted down at this point, and it is already well in the plans for alterations to be made. just be patient, also the picture is distorted theres more room than you think.

also looks like getting a nut to shit flush on the flange in that pic might take some time with a die grinder to flatten out the birdshit welds. :crackup

How come a lot of those pics the welds look totally different one part to the next? Its almost like 2 different people are doing them.

Like the V-band flanges are tightly spaced dabs with filler and smooth… where the bracket thing, the turbo flange and the big flex section are wide dabs and shaky as shit. :dunno

Very nice setup, cant wait to see it completed

I am gonna neg rep you hard like the kids on this forum for not thinking about it being a threaded inlet flange you numbnuts.

And Semus(sp?) use this next time you don’t back purge on elding DP’s/exhuast/etc…

I can’t believe I may +rep you on having a sense of humor on that topic.

the up-pipe was tacked in place with the mig because of space constraints, maintaining a specific fitment was more important than perfect aesthetics. when you build something thats worth while, makes power, and is even remotely aesthetically pleasing ill be more likely to take your attempt at bashing my work more seriously. good luck.

and thanks adam i have heard of the flux just didnt see it as very nessecary in this instance. might try it for fun just to see its results in the future.

Seamus and mike relax BROS… You two need to actually meet in person you will actually get along…

Bro

i kind of have my doubts about that

I think they might, Mike is a chill bro and despite how he may come off so is Seamus.

MAD CHILL BRO’S ITT

LOL

OWNED. yeah I just glanced at it and for some reason thought it was a downpipe or something. lol fuck me for spending 8 seconds looking at the pics. :dunno

Cool story bro. Last time I checked I haven’t had the chance to work in a real shop, with real customers, getting lots of practice making cool parts. I mean bouncing shop to shop so much you must have gotten a lot of good experiences right? So yeah, you are right I need to play mechanic more so I can get some real work out there to validate my shit talking more I guess. Only thing I am busy building that’s worth while right now is a marriage, my property and soon a garage at my house… I dont need to pay the mortgage making downpipes. Once the above is accomplished, maybe I can muster some tig work worthy of your approval from the 4 LS turbo headers, 5" downpipe and turbo back exhaust for the Duramax, 2 SBC headers shoe-horned in the ranger, MR2 turbo manifold, down pipe and exhaust, charge pipes for 4 cars all lined up waiting and what ever else might pop in my inbox once my work location is completed.

until then… yep I suck. Build thread carry on.

I don’t normally step I’m around this stuff but Seamus is doing a good job at both his work and this car in particular. I have seen fabrication stuff from both of you online and in person, you can both build/weld/dream up and design things. What I don’t get is why you both have to have a negative look at each others work. You both need to enjoy watching other people struggle/strive/and achieve through time and experience. If you don’t like something, don’t look at it. I can say that I now fOr a fact Seamus welded, and very nicely, fabricated all this stuff by his lonesome self. So barry this hatched and remember you both love working on cars and fabricating. And if either of you thinks their so good the other can’t show them a knew trick it’s time to find a new hobby because you never now everything, no one does.
And nice build thread, I wish I had done more myself.

cool

Mike and seamus are both puds…

That is all