Dynolicious turns iPhone into cheap performance meter

b/c the only carrier it can be unlocked for is t-mobile which is equally as shit-tastic if not worse

Driftbox = Drift angles… rwd 300+hp in the wet :slight_smile:

here is another one

http://libertyforone.com/

Liberty For One has released its own automotive measurement tool called g-tac, and its going for just $4.99. For less than half the cost of the Dynolicious tool, you get times and trap speed for the quarter mile, as well as times for 0-60 and 60-0. The g-tac utilizes the iPhone’s (and iPod Touch’s) accelerometer to determine velocity, so the phone doesn’t have to be plugged into the car. The tool also graphs out your last three runs so you can hone your launch technique over time.

g-tac’s feature list doesn’t appear to have the robustness of the Dynolicious app, which also features metrics for Lateral Gs and horsepower, and there isn’t much documentation to detail what g-tac can actually do. The early reviews aren’t so hot either, as the first seven purchasers have averaged a rating of just 2.5 stars compared to the four star rating for the Dyonlicious app. Since cheaper doesn’t typically mean better, we intend to test both apps against an even more expensive hardware unit, and we’ll let you know if either iPhone app is worth your hard earned digital dollars.

Dynolicious is up to 23 on the top 25 paid apps. Heading out now to make a few runs.

Great app but it seems to crash/not work perfectly with my jailbroken iPod. Seems that other people with jailbroken firmware are also having the same problem…

All the more reason to not jailbreak your phone. Hasn’t crashed once on my “stock” iphone. Silly modders. :slight_smile:

Ok, so I went out to a nice closed course/professional driver to see how this worked when you’re not stuck in a 35 mph zone.

Unfortunately, not the grippiest surface on this little closed course, but enough excuses…

0-10 .95
0-20 1.75
0-30 2.57
0-40 3.43
0-50 4.52
0-60 5.61
0-70 7.14
0-80 8.78
0-90 10.59
0-100 13.02

60’ 2.57 @ 28.9 mph
330’ 6.25 @ 63.1 mph
1/8 9.27 @ 81.2 mph
1/4 14.01 @ 103.9
Max Speed: 104.4 mph
Max Acceleration 1.30 G’s
Peak Horsepower 289 HP ???

Yeah, I don’t know WTF happened with the peak HP calculation. I removed the setting for 20% driveline loss thinking I’d rather see estimated crank HP and now it’s gone all screwy.

I’m also finding that the Ecsta SPT’s suck off the line. I tried several different launching methods and simply could not get them to hook through most of 1st gear. C&D managed 0-60 4.8, 1/4 mile in 13.3 @ 107 out of a bone stock 05 so either the app is a bit off or I need to find some more out of this car. I’m guessing a bit of both.

2nd works the best from me… anyhting over 4K in first I rip the tires… I think a little slippage over 6500 in 2nd. might be the reason why I’m showing 30hp lower than i should.

I’m gonna have to do a 3rd gear run or something soon. :frowning: Hopefully air resistance doesn’t fuck it up

Wish verizon could get the rights to the iphone.

hmmm…looks like im gonna have to fork over the 13 bones to play with this program.

Agreed

This is the only app I have found that seems to be affected, and I have about 4 screens full of them.

But yeah, you’re right, having full control over the device you purchased is stupid :meh:

:lol: And what amazing things are you doing with your jailbroken phone that can’t be done on a stock one again?

Besides having one of the coolest apps released so far crash all the time on you I mean.

well, having it jailbroken is nice. You can really take advantage of the phone like you would a mini computer but unfortunately it’s buggy as hell.

I was about to jailbreak mine, but the heard uXM is being ported over to 2.0. Between that announcement and this new g-tec clone app, forget that noise. Vanilla phone FTW

Not having themes kind of blows though

I went to go buy an Iphone last night, and they were sold out. :frowning:

Didn’t feel like ordering one though. I’ll just swing into a store when they get them again.

The applestore website shows if the applestore will have them in stock. You just have to check after 9pm the night before.

here, have a glass of koolaid.

oh nice, thanks. For some reason I overlooked that when looking on their website. The ATT one just tells you where they are sold, but not who has them.

When are you getting one?

If you want we can go together. I need to swing by the apple store and pick up an apple logo sweatshirt, an imac, and an airport.

Then I’m going to go home and rip the sleeves off the sweatshirt to prove how in control I am over something I just bought.

^ :lol:

have been debating it for months. This app helps the argument For. As does the price / contract incentive.

The biggest ramification is unchanged that 90% of the people I call are Sprint (Sp:Sp minutes free)… not that I make / take many non-landline calls during ON hours.

meh.