E-Brake Light OCmes on under heavier braking?

What could be causing my E-Brake light to turn on under heavier braking? It then will turn off once I give it some light throttle. Just started doing it the past few days.

Either one your low on fluid or maybe just a loose connection to the wire on the e-brake

Please put car help questions in the right forum. Moved.

switch on the ebrake handle could be loose or you may have a break in the wire thats causing to ground out. Under braking, everything in the car is forced forward. Something is moving when it shouldnt be.

E-brake lights only come on when the switch is in the OFF position (Ebrake up) as far as I know… So poke around… look at the wires going to your switch, and look at the switch itself… or just dont worry about it.

I’ll second the low fluid comment. You’re getting on the brakes hard and forcing just enough fluid out of the reservoir to make the warning light come on.

Any luck finding the problem??

theres like a check bulb in ur resivoir if it goes down the brake light comes on check and make sure ur resivoir is full

If the “brake” light is the same as the “parking brake” light then yes its is possible you are low on fluid causing it to trip to the light. If you have two different brake lights, then check connections on the e-brake handle/foot pedal, etc.

yeah low fluid, could be just pads are low or you have leak somewhere, a line or maybe wheel cylinder, but I’m thinking you have rear wheel disc

the other possiblity woul be the wire to the ebrake switch would have to be pinched and shorted to ground, but this scenario would be interemitant and not fit the symptoms you have hich is basically fluid slosh, it probably does it on hard turns and maybe even accelerating

Well, I checked the fluid,a nd level was good, but the problem hasn’t arisen at all lately. All my pads are good and all. So I’m really not too concerned.

I had the same problem in my 92, it was the fluid level. As long as you topped it off, you’ll be fine.