ABS and E-Brake light on?

so i get in my Dakota this morning to move it, and my ABS light and the E-Brake light came on. ok so i pull the brake release, nothing. put the e-brake on, then release it, nothing. shut the truck off and start it again, and they’re still on. so i figure might as well disconnect the battery and see if it resets anything. so i do that, and reconnect it. go to start it, and it starts, runs for like a second, and shuts off. then i start it again and it runs fine, no lights are on. any1 have ANY idea whats going on?

are you sure its the e-brake light? lots of cars use the same light for the e-brake and low brake fluid warning. i would check the master cylinder and see if you are low on fluid.

well, its the light that goes on when you put the e-brake light on. i will check the fluid, but it seems wierd that it would go off when i unhooked the battery, and ive driven it about 5-10 miles since then and it didnt come on yet.

its possible that after sitting all winter, some fluid may have leaked out, so im gonna check that.

check the relay too… i pulled mine and the same lights are on in my car…

sounds like a possible fluid issue. if the light returns could be a wheel speed sensor issue.