eBay of the day v. disappearing door

pretty neat and unique thing. but damn if that shit ever broke …

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1993-Lincoln-Mark-VIII-Prototype-Concept-Car-Rolling-Dr_W0QQitemZ160135007203QQihZ006QQcategoryZ6472QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

10 grand?

fuck that. The other side doesn’t even work.

BALLLINNNNNN

So this was a factory concept?

thats awesome… I loved my mark viii. Never even heard of this car before.

deffinitly a one of a kind

i like it better than the LAMBO door craze… thats for certain

thats awesome

that is pretty sweet, but, yeah, you would be in trouble if it broke. “the driver side needs some tinkering.” that does not sound like fun at all.

Um…the BMW Z1 had this many years ago. However, it wasn’t power.

i didnt think the Z1 went down as much as this does.

has to be fun in the rain…

this is how doors SHOULD be… especially in vans

itd be better if you could buy real transformers on ebay.

y cant every car have these then no more door dings

Probably pretty safe hunh :mamoru:

Man I wouldn’t want to leave the dome light on overnight. :mamoru:

not gonna lie, that’s pretty cool.

looks pretty safe… What happens if you get a car accident and you need someone to pull you out of the car. What happens if your not in the car all the way and the door goes up? Does it stop and go back the other way like a garage door does

I couldn’t live without an armrest.

[quote=“intense98rt,post:18,topic:32107"”]

looks pretty safe… What happens if you get a car accident and you need someone to pull you out of the car. What happens if your not in the car all the way and the door goes up? Does it stop and go back the other way like a garage door does

[/quote]

1. If you’re in a accident in a normal car where there’s damage to the door, chances are you’re not getting out that way either. Suicide, lambo, gullwing, etc. Get a crinkle in the frame and you’re crawling out the window anyway.

2. I’m sure it would take nothing to integrate a motion sensor/pressure sensor

I think it’s bad ass, probably the most impressive door mechanics I’ve seen. Seems loud, but it’s just prototype.