Ebay Problem

Ok Guys,Gals and everyone else

Here is the Dilemma I have -
My gf recently sold her old laptop on ebay…It worked when it was here it worked in the picture in the auction and it worked when it was sent out…The auction says sold AS IS says nothing about guaranteed to work or money back or anything. Fast forward to today he got the laptop and now it wont work and hes trying to get his money back saying she did something to it to make it not work…which is a total joke cause shes more computer illiterate than I am. This is her first time selling anythong on ebay and shes freaking out.

Here is the Auction Link and any help/info/advice would be appreciated I told her since it says as is and she has proof it was delivered and everything she should be ok

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=38121&item=68 53473750

ya, your fine man. you can fight him to the death and there’s nothing the guy can get from you. Tell him to go fuck himself.

as long as you stated it was as is, your golden

yea thats what I thought seems like the guy is being a jack off

How did the guy pay? If he paid with Paypal you may get a charge back. My advice would be to unlink any bank accounts that you have attached to your Paypal account (so Paypal doesn’t just go right in and take the money from you) and then clean out your Paypal online account ASAP.

agreed… paypal will always side with the dispute until it’s resovled…

your auction looked legit… I wouldn’t worry about it…

thanks Sonny I appreciate it …Im just sick of her freaking out

:kekegay: good typo… pics of her in the thong?

anyways, if you stated on the auction it is sold AS IS and it works when you sent it out, just let him fight it… you’ll win anyways

So really your girlfriend is just looking for moral support from Pittspeed… what does she need you for? lol j/k :slight_smile: shes fine. So many people try to rip you. If its really broken, instruct them to file a claim with the courier service. You are out of the loop nga

It worked when it left here and now it doesnt …I wana write to the guy and call him a retard and ask him if hes pushing the power button

anyone ever think hes just lying to get his money back.

Yeah, I have heard a few stories of scammers doing this. Unfortunatly most of them involve laptops too. Maybe he is computer savvy and was able to ‘make it not work’ in a manner beneficial to himself?

Seems like you covered your ass though with the auction. At best he can go through the shipping courier for a damaged item. I only had to deal with UPS once on this for $70 and it was a hassle.

Update …She got the verdict today and she has to give the money back …how much does anyone wana bet that when it comes back it works ???

From loking at the auction the buyer looked to be a reseller of computers and related goods with lots of positive feedback so most likey not a scammer for the $124 the auction ended at.

BTW, by stating the computer was being sold “in working condition” was your downfall regardless of stating “as-is” if the seller claimed the computer was not working. Looks like you basically created a limited warranty in that the computer was working in at least some manner.

Let us know the condition when it comes back.

It was actually 300 bucks and only thing Im afraid of is if he is a Re-Seller he might have taken it apart got what he wanted out of it and then said it doesnt work

never thought of that, that would fucking suck. good luck

Do you have the right auction listed (the link plus your added numbers)? Says winning bid $124.49

Either way, did she get an e-mail saying what the verdict on the situation was or a letter or what? Post up some more info. I’m very curious to see what they had to say on this matter.

It was 300 until he filed a chargeback and she got the verdict today and said that she didnt send the product the way it was described in the auction EVEn though paypals seller protection thing says they dont cover the quality of merchandise sent just the receiving of merchandise sold …she got an email after they investigated the situation for 3 days

thats bullshit… i hope she yanked the money outta pay pal a few days ago

we didnt even send the computer out til the money cleared into her bank account …apparently paypal has a bunch of FBI investigations going on with them for fraud and exploitation …she was reading and apparently the guy can send back a smashed laptop and they wouldnt do shit about it