Ebay Suspension

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/88-91-NISSAN-240SX-DRIFTING-COIL-OVER-COILOVER-SPRINGS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33582QQihZ004QQitemZ140029402749QQrdZ1

or just springs
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/89-90-91-92-93-94-240SX-COIL-SPRINGS-NISSAN_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33582QQihZ017QQitemZ270029608646QQrdZ1

Is this junk or would it actually fit and work okay?

i have had no experience with buy stuff like this off ebay

thanks

they would probaly sag or break apart in a week

If shipping didn’t cost more than the springs, I would say buy them and see. But for the most part, my ST springs only costed me 240 all together and they’re stiff as hell.

There’s no company name…i guess you could try it out and tell all of us instead…

i bought coils before, it was nice, but i forgot that shocks had to be in good condition.

a friend of mine has been running ebay coilovers on his protege for almost a year now and funny thing, they feel like $500 coils. said thing to say but true

oh my …different opinions fom everyone … if the sleeve coilover springs are paired with a decent aftermarket strut then I could see it working fairly well …but there are so many kinds of these type setups and some are cheaper quality than others it is risky

I had sleeve type coils on my last car and they worked fine. ride was harsh, but it was on worn out stock type shocks. try them with some aftermarket shocks and it would probably be fine. however, the quality of those ones in particular, who knows?

and those springs, the description said this:
“MADE BY TOM MOTORSPORT USA”
well, I just installed new tein S-tech springs in my car a week or 2 ago, and they looked EXACTLY the same!! the colour, way they are wound, the brown wrap on the top and bottom, everything! I would bet they either are teins, or cheap knock offs!

Jesus I can’t believe how much cheap Chinese shit has flooded the aftermarket in the last couple years.

i had HP racing (ebay) coilover sleeves on Koni adjustable shocks in my last car. the spring rates were 450lbs/in front and 350 rear, so it was a pretty stiff ride. what you need to keep in mind is getting helper springs because when the suspension becomes unsprung over large dips or bumps, it’s pretty rough.

other than that, they performed as well as any ground control setup i’ve been in, and felt the same as well. the sleeves never rusted shut on me either. just remember to wash them from time to time.

i wouldn’t recommend them without aftermarket struts and shocks as they’ll kill the damping ability of stock shocks in no time.

i see you found NECC… 8)

-Rob