Eclipse GST questions

My sister-in-law needs a new muffler for her car because it was destroyed by her driveway. She bought the car and it already had some aftermarket parts installed on it. It is lowered with eibach springs, and tokico shocks, and because her driveway is so steep, her muffler drags when she pulls it into her driveway. It has an aftermarket muffler on it, I think its an Apexi (sp?), it says something on the bottom, but I cant tell, but thats what it looks like it says. I looked one up on line and they want like $569.00 for one. Is there a cheaper alternative? and is there a way to raise the car up so it wont drag and destroy her muffler???

She doesn’t want to spend a ton of money on a muffler, but she doesn;t know what to get because its turbo’d.

look at the megan racing stuff, they make a dual tip design for those cars that looks really close to stock, I think its looks better than the big fart can personally.

hell, even take a look at just replacing the muffler with a magnaflow. i’m sure jeff could do a good job getting it installed.

you don’t need to replace the whole cat-back, which is what the $569 refers to. Just pick up a muffler and have someone weld it on. I’m not familiar with the aftermarket support for the Eclipse, but there has to be shitloads of them available like there are for Honda’s

pick up a muffler and have someone weld it onkeeping in mind that it dosent have to have a big tip, other than finding a deal for a replacement on ebay, thats about what you can expect to spend on a cat back for that car.

most cat-back exausts have an axle back part for it right? or maybe I’m just dumb.

ebay! $20 shipped there you go

go with the magnaflow fart can… my gst came with one and i actually think it sounds pretty good for a 4 cyl. if you want, i can take video of it tomorrow and post it up.

i can prob take care of it. if you stop by i can take a look one day and let you know what mufflers could be inswtalled easily and cheaper