Edelbrock carb issue...

I am running an Edelbrock 750 carb (1407) on my TA. Well the car won’t start immediately after I run it and leave it sit for a little while. After it sat I pumped the throttle and no gas was coming out. My thoughts are the fuel bowls drained down into the engine. Does anyone know the cause of this problem? I searched the internet and haven’t found many answers. I have a carb rebuild kit and I am in the process of rebuilding the carb. I want to make sure I fix the problem and don’t overlook what it is causing it. The carb is over 10 years old and sat dry for 8 of the years. I figure it desperately needs a rebuild anyways!

Heat soak, It’s a common problem. Think about getting a parabolic plate to run under it.

i’ve had a similar problem to that years ago. turns out it was the fuel pump. i replaced it and all was good. the fuel was all running back into the tank after the engine was shut off.

i have the same problem with my stang (edelbrock 1406) but the fuel pump (electric holley blue pump and regulator set at 6psi) is good and fuel shoots out when you hit the gas when it sits and sometimes when your driving down the road i get a flat spot when i let off the gas and then go and hit it again i think the carb is loading up with fuel cause when i stop it starts to idle a little higher and when i hit the gas black smoke comes out and it spits and sputters and if i rail on it it clears up so i think that i am going to just get a new carb, fuel tank and sending unit and be done with it

Well I have a new fuel pump and 1/4 inch parabolic plate under the carb. I can’t have any larger due to the hood clearance.