ka24e injectors not firing

hey guys,

so if any of you have been following my build thread you will have seen that I have ran into a snag. I just got my new motor from a friends RUNNING car, it came with the motor, trans, upper and lower harnesses, coil, wires, literally everything to get it going. well I swapped it into the car and then all it would do is turn over, I later realized my fuel pump wasn’t primping so I pulled it out and had a look, it was solid rust. I then emptied the gas tank and cleaned it out trying to remove as much rust as possible. I then put fresh gas in with a new pump. that solved the pump not primping. next I discovered my fuel lines were backwards so I switched them around. now my rail is receiving fuel. Next I tested my injectors and they all work when the clips are removed and 12v is put directly to them, I can even get the car running this way and it stays running till the fuel is burnt. I then tested the clips for power and they are all receiving power. After that I went looking for grounds. I cleaned off the one on the coil, the one on the fire wall that attaches to the head on the driver side, the two that are on the frond of the head infront of the #1 injector, the one by the temperature sensor, the one that is on the intake manifold for the negative battery terminal, the one that is attached to the battery tray again for the negative terminal, and lastly the one that is directly under the fuse box panel. I have tested my EGI and EGI pump relays and they both work, my egi fuse is good as is the one above it, I have both a red and a green light on my ecu, and this is my 3rd harness I have tried and 3rd ecu as well… I dont know what else to check. please help…

Are you positive you have fuel coming out from the feed line, unplug the hose and check by priming the fuel pump, you mentioned you had a ton of rust in the tank so what could happen is your fuel filter might be clogged.

There is a new fuel filter on the car and yes I am positive fuel pressure is at the rail because I can start the car by removing the conector and connecting power directly to the injector. This may seem odd but will a low fuel level cause this? Because the car only has 10$ premium in it and the tank was completely empty before adding fuel.

Can you hear it firing while turning the pulse ring on the distributor with the car off?

yea 10 bucks gas isnt going to do anything… your probably burning your fuel pump out because the sump might not be reaching the gas of that low.

The pump is well submerged in fuel and has no issues priming, I was thinking more along the lines of sending unit cutting me off. I have not tied to spin the pulse ring yet, so all I have to do is pull the cap? I will do that as soon as I get home from work along with add more gas just in case.

Please guys need more ideas I really wanna get her goin

So you mentioned that you got a new motor… was your car auto before and are you swapping it to manual?

Nope car is a manual and so as the car it came out of.