Edmonton Roads FTL!!!

I just got back from Edmonton looking at a vehicle, HOLY SHIT you guys have horrible roads up there. I was happy as hell to get out of there! That was the first time I have driven a lowered vehicle up there and that SUCKS! Props to you guys that drive them everyday and live with it!

yeah man it is the worst. even on the nicest roads everything seems fine then all of a sudden a bump on the road and there goes the bumper

?

I love Edmonton roads so far. At least Alberta doesn’t have to deal with permafrost . . .

They’re not THAT bad.

Better than newfoundland…actually i think their amazing, where do i go to find better, lol…

The states, I have found Floridas roads to be MINT. Go figure. :roll:

A lot of the warm cities in the US have excellent roads.

I noticed the tarmac was flawless in Vegas. And pretty good in Texas too.

(no frost heave)

edmontons roads do suck, atleast the roads they havent touched in 10 years which is a lot of them. just gotta keep your eyes out constantly.

(no frost heave)[/quote]

i just got back from Vegas, the roads are incredible there. They are weird, usually you will make tire squeel from a regular turn there. Also the +40 weather makes the roads super hot.

You just have to know what streets to avoid and what are good.

I think I must have hit all the bad ones, I turned off Whitemud onto 170n and a few blocks up in the right lane, holy shit, I swear there was space between my tire and the road when I hit that one.

+1 on the US roads, I bought my car in South Carolina and the roads in S. and N. Carolina as well as Virginia were the nicest roads I have ever driven on, no dips, potholes, cracks, nothing! Once I hit New York and into Ontario they turned to shit though.

Some of the older residential roads are a million times worse than any main road (for obvious reasons) Its terrible driving a lowered car. It was awesome when the middle of my front bumper started scraping on Gateway because the ruts from the trucks were so deep.

(no frost heave)[/quote]

Did a huge road trip this summer. Kelowna, Vancouver, Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, Santa Barbara, LA, San Diego, Vegas, home.

Many roads are definitely not as good as the myth suggests. Yes, Edmonton roads (as well as Red Deer, Calgary, etc.) are crappy…of this there is no doubt.

The freeways are good and are generally about the same as ours. The biggest difference is the side roads. You won’t believe how shitty the roads are in La Jolla where there are friggen ferrarris and lambos everywhere and potholes as big as we see here. No clue why. :rolleyes:

honestly edmonton roads are horrible im from toronto and we dont have bad road up until you hit the downtown area which i usually stayed away from cause of the train track, pot holes from the train track, and just roads that is almost impossible to block due to traffic i lived in the west end there and the roads where pretty good and they were fixing the 401 and keele which is the worst area of the 401 once again due to the high traffic but here doesnt matter where you go you have to keeps ur eyes like this OO other wise there goes your bumper, oil pan etc but like rs13 said eyes open so when the hot girl is going by you … you have to make a choice and yes usually i pic the girl and then i feel it hhahahahhah