EGR related question for the 5.0 guys

anyone ever totally eliminated the system? I know the easy and obvious thing to do is to pop the EGR unit off the intake and buy one of the block off plates they sell and pop that on there, but I’d really like to tear out the whole system as it would get rid of an absolute clusterfuck of leaky vacuum lines and wires in my engine bay. I was reading on corral something about having to hotwire some solenoids to trick the system and avoid a CEL? anyone ever done this before and could offer me some insight?

Call Randy Stinchcomb,

410-655-2000 parts ext 5618

He makes the whole EGR delete kit, not those half assed shit kits.

+1 for Randy

I read about him on Corral, I am thinking about giving him a call :tup:

+2

oh and would you be able to define “everything I need”? i want all the vacuum lines and everything gone and out of there.

I believe the block off plate, a bolt for the exhaust and a gasket

call and ask :tup:

Randy is great to deal with. I think I got his number from modulardepot.

He knows his ford parts…

yeah i’ll give him a call. from what I can understand, theres an electrical harness in there somewhere that when unplugged will make the computer go nuts and the car wont run right and will throw CELs and what not. I guess there supposed to be some wort of resistor plug u can buy from fordfuelinjection.com that “fixes” this. I dont want to just block it off at the intake, i want to get rid of everything.

I believe it will just throw a CEL, but shouldn’t cause any problems (not that I’m aware of at least). He’ll be able to help ya out better, he’s got a great reputation :tup: :beer:

its an odb1 stang, who cares if it throws a code, if it bothers you that much, pull the bulb

dont want to pull the bulb because that lovely little CEL can be used for useful things like pulling codes out of the system without a scanner. one thing Ford did right lol