Re: Keeping the EGR...

Hia people

I read a bunch of threads on EGR removal, block off plates, etc.

I am looking to keep the emissions equipment on my ride for now and just blocking off the pipe that goes from exhaust manifold back up to the EGR. I found one of these at jgstools.com

This CNC Machined EGR fitting plugs the EGR pipe without need for removable of the EGR valve (labor intensive). It can also be drilled out to be used to connect the OEM EGR pipe to any down pipe (all that is needed to be emissions legal in some states). Also by connecting the EGR stock OBD2 ecus will be less likely to trigger codes.

Has anyone used similar method yet? If so, how does the car run? Does it trigger any codes?

i have SR20DET no egr runs fine, BUT, I know that EGR is used to also heat up intake air just a tiny bit to prevent detonation, thats as far as i know… so if your turboing ka and your gonna have tuning, your fine ?

Thanks Alesserfate. Yeah, that’ll be my next step.

I’m wondering if sealing that pipe going from exhaust towards egr will work for now - no exhaust pressure - egr can open but no pressure or vacuum from exhaust manifold source pipe (sealed) so no change in the manifold - is this reasonable? (assuming it doesn’t throw a code)

This is my first turbo setup so I’m trying to minimize the cluster * possibilities by keeping optional mods (and vac leak potentials) to a minimum for now and just get the setup running and work out basic gremlins first. I don’t mind going back and tearing out the whole emissions system once I know how the engine should run - I have nothing to compare to so far other than streetfire videos :roll:.

egr is for lower running leaner and still lower combustion temps when cruising at very light throttle

it “shrinks” your motor by reducing the breathing efficiency of it, and accordingly the fuel consumption, but only at the lightest loads, you floor it or get into boost and it seals up

probably the only emissions control device that is all good and has no negative effects, besides clutter