Egt gauge help please..

Just wanted to know what egt gauge i should get. what should the temp go up to on the gauge. and what i the normal temp for a turbo gsr? this is my first turbo setup and i am spinning in circles tryin to figure everything out so i dont mess my car up…

Not to sure about your car temps … But I run a 0-1600 on my truck (and I can peg that if I stay into it) …

Thats pretty much the general temp. range that they sell them in … Make sure you install the probe pre turbo for your readings … This will be the most acurate reading …

Hope I was some help … Your motor and my motor differ a lot so I dont want to lead you in the wrong direction

If your asking what brand? I would recommend AutoMeter

install it is number 2 or 3 cylinder can’t remember which one. but that is the hottest cylinder that the reading should come from.

Its no.2 on “The Black Mamba”

I have an autometer and i think it went up to 16 or 1800. You want to mount it pre turbo on your #3 cyl because its the hottest cyl…if your over 1400 for any amount of time you could start melting things

its three on the mamba #1 is closest to the cam gears

i put mine just before the turbo, as long as i kept it below 1600 degrees it didnt knock. autometer is good

i think most people say stay under 900C wot

Extremely Gay Tuning.

Buy a wideband instead.

I use autometer, and see temps up to 1575 F all the time and have never melted anything. But thats on a 4g63.
Make sure you mount the probe in the exhaust manifold.
AND
remember the wire has a certain amount of resistance per foot so read the directions carefully on whatever type of EGT you get.

i heard auto meter egt gauges fail alot. is that true?

I have been running nothing but autometer gauges on my truck … Havn’t had a problem with any of them yet … And my egt goes threw a beating with how fast my temps go up

I have a VDO one that reads to 1650 and it has definetly seen some time up there in the past haha.

im i the only one who used celsius? sigh

X2 on the #3 cylinder & 900C wide open throttle (wop).

I got a greddy many of people with a turbo honda run the greddy as well I have found it to be the most accurate. If you are just starting to research turbo hondas do a search on www.honda-tech.com under the forced induction forum it is a great place for information and pretty much any question you would have can be found using the search.