electrical problem?

hey guys im just a little concerned. i’ve noticed a few things over the past few days which are leading me to believe my 92 s13 sr20 may have some sort of electrical problem. first off, when i turn my headlight on the rpm’s drop a little, then even out. also, sometimes the passenger side DTRL flikers on and off, sometimes it will stay on, sometimes it wont come on at all. the drivers side one didnt work at all since i bought the car, i just havn’t got around to changing the bulb. Another thing is when i turn my high beams on, the windsheild washer fluid light goes out and the rest of the time it’s on even tho theres lots of fluid in the resivoir. I have a jdm cluster (7,500rpm) and the battery light is allways on when the car is running, but it is very, very dim. oh, and the backlighting on my heat controls only work sometimes also. And when im rolling up on a stop my rpms drop down a little below normal too and then even out. i could really use some help here guys. if anyone knows whats going on or have dealt with these problems before let me know. i greatly appreciate ur responses.

Im not no professional, but seems like its one of these things. Shortage, grounding issue, or battery. Try cleaning your terminals and maybe do the diy grounding thing.

Oh scratch what i said check alt fuse.

wheres the alt fuse?

in the passenger side of the engine bay. Its in the fuse box.

the fuse is fine

You may have a few seperate issues.

I’d start with having the battery and alternator tested (and checking alternator belt tension), thus ensuring the charging system is working properly. Ensure the battery’s main ground is clean & secure.

Then i’d actually replace your DTRL bulb and see if it works, if not have a closer look at the wiring…you might find something fishy who knows!

You could also remove your cluster and make sure it’s connections are tight…

Your RPM’s dipping may be due to a sticking IACV as well, spraying some TB cleaner into the metal IACV tube may help clear this up.

Good luck.

Ok well it sounds like you have an overall problem with power flow in the car. Start upgrading some wires. Also as Jon said above me you should get you battery and alt checked out. over time the bad grounding could have caused some problems, The light flickering just sounds like a bad contact.